Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

varajet carby

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
No idea honestly, I got a profesionaly reconditioned one off ebay for 140 bux, and the quality is unreal. Fuel economy dropped drastically, and its more responsive and no flat spots. Id recommend them to anyone who is keen to stick with the Varajet.

BUT I've never tryed to rebuild one, so Im not much help there, sorry.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I'm just going to be an arsehole here, But shouldn't that read "fuel economy improved drastically" :p

asshole :p Yeah it improved.... by over 5litres to the 100km's

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
if you got the instructions, time and patience its easy mate, ive done it before.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Check these guys out on ebay, they have them for $140 + postage (they have another listed for $150).

melbcarbs.JPG

eBay Australia Shop - Melb Carbs and Injectors pty ltd: INJECTORS, THROTTLE BODYS, HOLLEY

Or here's the link to the page for the varajet.
VK 6CYL VARAJET CARBY RECO CARBURETTOR - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-May-09 00:32:01 AEST)

I bought one a while back from them, and recently a 600 Holley, and have had no drama's! :thumbsup:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Check these guys out on ebay, they have them for $140 + postage (they have another listed for $150).

melbcarbs.JPG

eBay Australia Shop - Melb Carbs and Injectors pty ltd: INJECTORS, THROTTLE BODYS, HOLLEY

Or here's the link to the page for the varajet.
VK 6CYL VARAJET CARBY RECO CARBURETTOR - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-May-09 00:32:01 AEST)

I bought one a while back from them, and recently a 600 Holley, and have had no drama's! :thumbsup:

+1 For these guys. Its who I used when I mentioned it above. Quality is just awesome, could not tell it was reconditioned, they look brand new. Car ran a **** load better to, definitly worth swapping the carby over, after 25 years they rubbers and gaskets are perished and ****ed.

treezey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5-spd BT1
yea thanks for that info, the car is running a webber atm but its rooted and i got a hold of a webber and then realised all the wires have been totally removed for the old varajet so it will be hard to hook one up so i mite just find a 350 holley recod, even though they are pricks with flat spots but i like the response and look of them, lol

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
yea thanks for that info, the car is running a webber atm but its rooted and i got a hold of a webber and then realised all the wires have been totally removed for the old varajet so it will be hard to hook one up so i mite just find a 350 holley recod, even though they are pricks with flat spots but i like the response and look of them, lol

The weber would be the best carb to run on a 202. Rebuild the weber, you will have the best of both words, power and fuel economy. Dont bother with a Holley.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeh, everyone that has a holley seems to hate them and have only bad things to say about them. Most people, and like Tom, recomend the webbers as well.

And those who do have holleys usually either swap back to the varijet, or get webbers or something. And then the ones who keep the holleys, are eternally miserable. :p

EDIT: Also, in regards to Melb Carbs.

Anyone know wherabouts in Melbourne they are, and will they take my carb and rebuild that or do I have to buy/swap one of theirs.