Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Varajet II to Weber34adm

C

cecil strike

i have finally gotten the shits with the varajet II carby and am wanting to put on a weber 34adm (or possibly the 32/36) carby on my basically stock blue 202 (extractors). i have very limited mechanical knowledge. i would really like someone in the know to give me a heads up on a few issues i have. i want an adapter to fit the weber to the original intake manifold.
1. does the adapter plate just bolt on, what adapter do i need (model no.)?
2. do i need to hone out the manifold at all to allow the weber to flow easily (if so, do i need to take off the inlet manifold to do this)?.
2. will my fuel pump be sufficient to handle the carby?
3. how do i change the jets if the carby is from a larger engine (or what is a good carby to get that will suit the blue 3.3 other than xe xf 3.? litre)?
4. what air filter can i put on top the carby that will fit and be under the bonnet(model no.)?
5. how do i modify the accelerator cables to fit this new carby (a guide possibly?)
6. what pipes go where, what can i block off?
7. how do i know if a used carby is any good or how do i reco one?
I know this is quite demanding of me but i am hoping that many of you on here have done this exact conversion and are willing to shed some light or point me in the right direction. i am young and broke!
cheers, cecil

C

Crazymatt4546

yeah i would like to know where i can find a guide to do this too. i got myself a 34adm weber carby sitting on my table but have no idea what exactly to do with it

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Boona he's talking about a different kinda of weber. They come off a Falcon, there's enough info about this swap to get it done on

http://www.oldholden.com/

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
lol ive got one sitting in my shed... was on my TE gemi till it kinda got an upgrade, with twin 32/36 sidedraught setup