Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb bodywork and paint

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well I tried to post the pics but this forum's way of doing it has me stuffed. URL? WTF?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Well I tried to post the pics but this forum's way of doing it has me stuffed. URL? WTF?

There are a couple of options to use.
  1. Click on the "Upload a File" button (next to the Post Reply button) and click the file location on your computer; or
  2. Save the pic(s) to an image hosting site like Imgur (don't use Photobucket coz they lock pics and hold them to ransom for a fee). Once saved there, open the pic, right click on it, copy image address and use that for the URL when using the picture icon in the new post box.
Hope that makes sense.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
No issues with the wife Keith Reed she’s more then happy to pay someone to do it if it’s what I want even if it’s mega dollars but I’m the one who is hesitant on that part mainly because it would take forever to save that kind of money.

I have a very good friend who owns a mechanical garage who is more then happy to point me in the right direction with anything I struggle
With mechanically and also has offered to have a good look over it on hoist etc to see what it would need to be roadworthy so that could be worth a look.

the red original 202 and 4 speed in it seem to be running well, the interior is absolutely like new it has 160000 on the clock, it has a few small issues like bonnet release cable seems quite seized and dash lights not working but nothing major. It will need brake work though as they have definitely seen better days.

Good to hear the rest of the car details. Sorry when you first posted doing a restoration and the money rust issues and sandblasting, it sounded like a full blown gut job. With the rest of car, motor and interior in really good nic and your mechanical help and using cheap standard parts for roadworthy your over halfway there already, worth doing.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
With you being a stainless welder and fabricator by trade, it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn how to cut and replace body panels yourself....Just use the rusty old doors as practice.

Yes suspension parts, running gear and brakes can get expensive to replace, but what parts do actually need replacing? Honestly before making a decision, decide how far you want to go and price up the components that you want to replace and make a decision based on that.....

I did a rebuild on my VC.....Got it with no running gear and cruddy interior......Admittably, I already had the running gear, so that reduced the cost.....I had the rack recoed ($395), fitted VT front brakes (about $600 or so)....rust in the rear quarter and 1 door...About 4" square in the rear quarters and the size of a 50c piece in the door.....Painted it myself with help from mates....Cost $400 or $500 due to me buying mismatch paint ($90 for 4 litres of Britticania blue)...Paid $50 for VS front seats.....Paid $90 or so for SLE door trims and another $50 for SLE front arm rests.....Already had a SLE rear seat, but no headrests....

Currently I've got another 6 cyl blue motor nearly ready to go in...Paid $300 for it....Just had to put new bearings in it and just paid $600 for another head for it....Largest valves that can go in, yella terra roller rockers, push rod guide plates and hardened pushrods....So all up, the motor owes me about $1,000.....

So help that helps you with costing

There’s a lot of balonie in that 202 sandwich and no compression :eek: