Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb brake upgrade please help

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
VT brakes should fit under 15's (standard VT's were fitted with 15 inch wheels) and VE will fit under 16's (standard VE is fitted with 16's)
you will need a caliper adapter kit and hub to fit either VT or VE brakes, will also need the brake hoses for either.
However the difference with VE brakes is, you don't need to change the booster & master cylinder. Whereas VT you really need to or you end up with a long pedal.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VE upgrade doesn't fit with 16", been there, tried that. Although I was told it will, it doesn't, minimum of 17" for the VE brakes with 289mm rotors.

I do the VE upgrade for $795 for the VB, comes with rotors, calipers, pads, brake lines, fluid and mounting hardware.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
it could also depend on your wheel design. I know my VN Grp A/SV5000 330mm twin spot calipers make it under 16 inch SV5000 wheels and just fit under my 16 inch Walkinshaw wheels (had to move the wheel weights), but I know another guy who couldn't fit the same brakes under his 16's

lawrence1830

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sle holden
hello all can i have the link to that ve package ye well atm i got vt gts rims 18 inch but i am thinking of putting my sle rims back on i was talking to some people today i will have to change my hubs on the front

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This is the one that I do Press Releases scroll down until you get to the Commodore VE Spec Upgrade Kit.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
after reading the linked thread above ^^, it seems JC sponsor GSL Rallysport sell the complete VE conversion kit
I've dealt with these guys on several occasions, very professional and great service. Send Greg a PM, I'm sure he'd be happy to help