Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb brake upgrade please help

lawrence1830

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sle holden
Hello all i have a vb sle holden i have been restoring it and now i want to upgrade my braking system i was thinking vt upgrade what would i need t do this conversion r

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
vt adaptor hubs,vt callipers,new brake hoses,vt rotors and its best to upgrade your master cylinder/booster with a 1'' or late model one.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if you use VT brakes, you really need to use a VT master cylinder & booster (which isn't a straight swap) or the pedal is ****.;
you are better off upgrading to the VE front brakes. They work fine with a VB-VR 1 inch master cylinder
that way you can keep your booster and just use a 1 inch master cylinder (if your car isn't already fitted with one)

lawrence1830

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sle holden
Hello Darren so if i want i can use ve front brakes that includes lines and and callipers and i can leave my master cylinder because that is 1 inch master cylinder atm

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I use a VT master with VS booster and i have a nice feeling pedal, any extra assistance and the brakes would be abit touchy IMO.

lawrence1830

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB sle holden
Hello Scott ye i was going to get ve brake lines to or vt Hello vk sl3800 so use vt brake master and vs booster did u change the calipers to regards lawrence

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
You will also need to consider what wheels you are going to run with. VT brakes you will need 16inch and VE 17inch minimum.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
i used VT front brakes and VP rears.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
VT brakes should fit under 15's (standard VT's were fitted with 15 inch wheels) and VE will fit under 16's (standard VE is fitted with 16's)
you will need a caliper adapter kit and hub to fit either VT or VE brakes, will also need the brake hoses for either.
However the difference with VE brakes is, you don't need to change the booster & master cylinder. Whereas VT you really need to or you end up with a really bad pedal.