Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb commodore, blue 202 emissons and 350 holley

nathan789

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb commodore
g'day i was just wondering if its legal to have a 350 holley on my blue 202? i know theres certain things you need for it to work.. like a longer accelerator cable, perhaps a v8 accelerator cable? also is there anyway of getting around the emissions? will the 350 holley work with all the emission gear?..
cheers nathan,

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
You'll need a V8 throttle cable.

Emissions? LOL!

I wouldn't stress. It's 32yrs old. If a mechanic knocks it for roadworthy call him a wanker and take it somewhere else.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I'd just put the 350 on and if your handy with metal work modify the original air cleaner to suit and most likely no one including a mechanic will notice. I did this with an LJ Torana years ago. I cut the bottom of a stock air cleaner to suit the diameter of the Holley and made up a new flange from sheet metal and fusion welded it on.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Just use a big aftermarket air clearner base and the orignal top. Done that before too.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
I've done that, but to a 500 holley. I didnt pick on by anyone, I did my own maintance. soop right , you will need a v8 cable, also need a bracket for the spring, as for the emissions WHAT THAT!! LOL

tha goviner

Reaction score
cheers going to be doing this to my 202 soon now i know what i need

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
202 blue with 350 holly

I HAVE PUT A 350 HOLLY AND HI TECH HEADERS ON MY 81 VH VACATIONER BLUE 202. I HAD TO CUT AWAY THE BOTTOM OF THE ORIGINAL MANIFOLD AND HAD THE HEADERS MODIFIED TO FIT.FORGET THE POLLUTION GEAR IF THE CAR IS REGISTERED. I ONLY HAVE THE 2 HOSES FROM THE TAPPET COVER GOING INTO THE CARBY AND MANIFOLD. i HAVE NOTICED IMPROVED PERFORMANCE BUT I AM SURE THAT AFTER I VISIT MY MECHANIC IT WILL GO EVEN BETTER.I DID ALL THE WORK MYSELF.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I wouldn't stress. It's 32yrs old. If a mechanic knocks it for roadworthy call him a wanker and take it somewhere else.

Problem is if the mechanic (in NSW atleast) gives you a knock back slip you will have to take it back to him to have it passed or no more rego for you.
Also there are RTA tech inspectors that will issue a fine for fitting the holley and disconnecting the pollution gear.
I too would like to fit a holley but not sure if it is worth the hassle.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Problem is if the mechanic (in NSW atleast) gives you a knock back slip you will have to take it back to him to have it passed or no more rego for you.
Also there are RTA tech inspectors that will issue a fine for fitting the holley and disconnecting the pollution gear.
I too would like to fit a holley but not sure if it is worth the hassle.

Yes correct for NSW. Rego inspections are all done on-line these days so if you take it somewhere else that guy can see what you were knocked back for and he is now liable for that fail if he passes you.

Is there much gain from fitting a Holley on a stock blue 202?