Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB commodore

Graham berry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
does anyone know what the stamped numbers or letters inside the vb commodore drivers side kick panel reffence too . They sit almost level with hood pull stamped up in corner there about 15-16mms tall .. how to decider them

Graham berry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I already know what the tags read .
L14 6 Potter,M40 trimatic GU4 3:08
AVB 000277S Sydney10/78

I’ve had a fair few vbs and vcs they all had different codes stamped into body . Does the letter from Holden cover this number?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
does anyone know what the stamped numbers or letters inside the vb commodore drivers side kick panel reffence too . They sit almost level with hood pull stamped up in corner there about 15-16mms tall .. how to decider them
what do the numbers/letters say?

Graham berry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Can’t remember all the didgets ,Still tracking down the build sheet from under the carpet it’s here somewhere.

From memory the last 3 were HDT in sequence the car was released as 6 banger according to vin but I had 5 vbs here none of the others had anything similar. That’s why I’m chasing what these codes mean
I’m waiting on Holden to see what comes back from the vin if they have the info from production still

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Holden won't have anything.