Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb Project......... its rough

Pepperoni

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL Commodore
Picked it up for a couple of hundred bucks. Was all together. Got it running, down on one cylinder though. Brakes were seized. Has been half sunk in the mud for quite some time. Red 202, trimatic, nothing flash that's for sure.

Attachments

• DSC00327.jpg
    DSC00327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 483
  • DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC00330.jpg
    DSC00330.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC00331.jpg
    DSC00331.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC00332.jpg
    DSC00332.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 425

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Got some work there.
Didn't look too bad generally but !!!!
That last photo shows some serious ( although all rust is repairable).
How's the rest of the framework?
Right price and getting harder to find = worth it especially if you're hooked and passion.

Pepperoni

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL Commodore
Got some work there.
Didn't look too bad generally but !!!!
That last photo shows some serious ( although all rust is repairable).
How's the rest of the framework?
Right price and getting harder to find = worth it especially if you're hooked and passion.
The rest of the frame work is ok. There is the odd panel rust here and there but a bit of love and it should be cool

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Find a better shell and use this one for parts. Trust me, I've been there. I had a hq to start with that was too far gone, which is how I ended up with a hj lol

Pepperoni

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL Commodore
Find a better shell and use this one for parts. Trust me, I've been there. I had a hq to start with that was too far gone, which is how I ended up with a hj lol
The body in general is pretty reasonable. We have done a lot of chassis repair and restorations and it is really not as bad as others we have repaired

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
agree with EYY surely you can find a better body to start with it looks pretty sick in pic 6.
My oldman used to put little pieces in ive ripped the sills of a few cars he did a couple of years later waste of time putting little pieces in when the rust has got that far. For the amount of effort your going to to rebuild wouldn't it make sense to do a v8 even when the 6 is back together finished it wont be worth half of what you'll spend on it getting it nice. apologises for pissing on ya project but rather be honest than piss in ya pocket

Pepperoni

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 VB SL Commodore
agree with EYY surely you can find a better body to start with it looks pretty sick in pic 6.
My oldman used to put little pieces in ive ripped the sills of a few cars he did a couple of years later waste of time putting little pieces in when the rust has got that far. For the amount of effort your going to to rebuild wouldn't it make sense to do a v8 even when the 6 is back together finished it wont be worth half of what you'll spend on it getting it nice. apologises for pissing on ya project but rather be honest than piss in ya pocket
I think people might be missing the point about it honestly. The rust is really not that bad and it's not about value and it's not outside our capability to do the work. We run a full fab shop which gives us all the capability we need to reproduce all the parts, be a waste of a car to just scrap it. As for doing a V8.......well I have had my fair share of V8s and I'm kinda past that stage now. I love a good v8 and so on but everyone runs a v8 etc etc. I had one of these as a teen and I really wanted one again. I get that for the everyday joe working out of a garage it might seem a bit but we are lucky we have a lot of gear that allows us to fold and roll our own sills, panels etc