Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb sle 202 conversion from 253

Trentmdj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle vn v6 drive line
just got myself a vb sle.
the vb come without a engine in it, but i was wondering how hard it would be to put a 202 in it. considering that i would be a p plater in a few weeks/months. how much stuff would i have to change to drop the 202 in? and would i need an engineer cert for it? because i was thinking of dropping vn v6 and its trans in but mate told me id need a engineer to check it and sign off. i was thinking 202 in it cause vb's come out with 202's stock, would i need a engineers cert then?

what would be the best way to go about it
cheers trent

Attachments

• !BwZCBbQ!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEwRdYjWBIBMItILRR3w~~_3.jpg
    !BwZCBbQ!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEwRdYjWBIBMItILRR3w~~_3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 447
  • !BwZB6UwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ew,Z,9dThBMItHhyYY!~~_3.jpg
    !BwZB6UwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ew,Z,9dThBMItHhyYY!~~_3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,684

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Mate put a v6 in and get a cert for it
Easy :)

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
don't build the never was unless you intend on spending heaps and doing shitloads of work
have you got the trans tailshaft and exhaust for the 253 if thats all there get another 253 itll end up the cheapest way unless you know people giving away 6 cyclinder stuff (could happen).
I vote the v8 you ll like that better ,how much is left?

Trentmdj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle vn v6 drive line
yeah i got a vn v6 and 4 speed gear box sitting there, i was told it would bolt straight in i got a vn k frame on the block still and engine mounts. how hard would it be to get certs for it?
yeah but then another thing is im a p plater, i cant drive v8's for another 3 years.
so you reckon dont put anything but the original engine in it?
but then when i put the vn v6 in. what tail shaft would fit?
i got go down and see my mate (a machince in geelong) but this was easyer considering its 1 in the morning.
so yeah thats why i was thinking of dropping 202 in. because apparently all the engine mounts line up. but if the vn v6 will bolt straight in then i will do that.

ss350chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMY
Better off buying a VB with a 202. saves a lot of cash and elbow grease, they are cheap as chips if you can find one.Almost as same cost of a engineer ticket

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
either that or go the efi 202! the carby 202 sucks balls standard! :p you know it! i know it! we all know it! lol not sayon the efi is great but at least ya got a bit more response!

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
i know in QLD that u cant have a mod plated car which means no engine swap but everywhere in aus is pretty much the same with if the car was realesed with that motor as a factory option u dont need a mod plate ect,,witht the ****ing around to put a v6 in there would be less work in a 202 or buy sumin cheap and build a stroker for it while ur on ur ps