Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB SLE 253 Project

goldcoastvbsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE 253
Hi All

awesome forum. after always wanting one picked up a very neat VB SLE from Northern NSW. All original except for lowered springs and V5 Simmons. Came with original wheels. Has 253, auto, and log books supporting the 110,000km on the speedo. Original paint in great condition, venitian blinds, sun visor, original gmh mud flaps, original stereo, gearbox and motor run superbly. Has the correct SLE code. Unregistered but has original SLE plates.

Have had it in for a full service, new brake pads and rotors, new exhaust with louder mufflers (std one was shot), new suspension bushes. Passed safety cert no worries. Have ordered a retro fit kit for the air con to get it regassed and up and working. Also scored some 15 x 8 simmons for the rear (currently has 15 x 7 all round) and new BFG TA 215s and 235s (yet to go on). Have yet to give it a proper clean and detail.

Thats about all i have planned for it. Keep it as is, drive it on nice sunny days.

Heres some pics

KGrHqRHJCYE-eBNU-0IBPu2y5bRQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqRHJBoE-dcbeDZUBPu36Yfg60_3.jpg

KGrHqJHJCwE-lgbs0YiBPu2vgrhg60_3.jpg

KGrHqZHJ4E-cubwHBPu5CUuKQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqRHJCE-kqC4gfBPu4snFw60_3.jpg

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
Clean as man i like it

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Looks very original, remands me of my old one, same year and model, red with buckskin interior. Nice.

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
Hi there:
I saw that one on ebay. Looks great.
I thought you could also put 15x8 simmons on the front? You mentioned you are only putting them on the rear.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
nice, so clean

goldcoastvbsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE 253
Hi there:
I saw that one on ebay. Looks great.
I thought you could also put 15x8 simmons on the front? You mentioned you are only putting them on the rear.

hey thanks like the little and bigs look so going 7s on front 8s on rear. Could not believe you could still get BFG TA's. Arrived overnight from the tyre shack

goldcoastvbsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE 253
its currently at Mr Restoration getting the very very minor rust cut out. found another little bit under the boot rubber above rear tail light (common i believe)

very happy with it

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
nice looks clean,

guessing ur holding up a seat cover in the drivers seat? at first glance looked like it was torn to **** haha :p