Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb to be vc satin black brock

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Gday

this is my 1979 vb commodore witch has been a long time first car project, i've had it for about 3 years and worked on it lots but not haveing much of an idea been doing extra work and going around in circles, ive done all the work my self with minimal help from my dad.
when i got the car it was a complete running blue vb sl grandpa spec, its come a long way and been a great learning curve, and get great expirence, i all so get distracted on other projects that i might put photos up aswell, she still runs the 202 red and trimatinc but have got a donnor vr wagon with a buick v6 and t5 witch will end up in her, have a year to finish so can drive it on p's

IMG_0240.jpgIMG_0244.jpgIMG_0412.jpg

i dont know if photos will work (first time post)

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Well done mate. Keep up the good work.

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
dug up some build pics, the first is the earliest i have (work already started), the rest are some rust repairs

11092011(001).jpg26112011(003).jpg25012012.jpg29102012(003).jpg23112012(001).jpg

come a long way, bought it for $100 and could of just gone on the road like it was :p

also have picked up a full sle red velour interior (bargain $82 Ebay buy :D :D :D) ,none electric window witch is great for me :D

i <3 bog

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Distractions

Doing work on it, got a bitt of a bug for working coming in to the sesson and day light savings yes
Ive put some pannels back on, first i put the boot on. And it started all 4 doors on same day so good.
Dont think have photos but should get some next few days

But as a cool thing here is my postie bike, it was a ct90 now a 125cc from a pit bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 1,318

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Postie looks tops. There was a matt black VC Brock with flares doing the rounds at burnout comps like Summernats years ago. It has been restored though and now looks like this:
IMG_1953.JPG

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
I like that replica, was it the ones with trummpets at nats?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looking good matee,nothing better to learn your craft in than an early model commo
had a vb back in the day
ahhhh-memories
looking good though

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Picture time. Lots of black. Only part need painting is rear quarters and beaver panel

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
V6 conversion and p plates. opinions?

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Update

Its all black!!!
I really ballsed up the coat witch dosn't overly matter seeing it needs more coats
Got the line in rear quarter exeptable been driving crazy for agesimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And some may notice that one photo is a red car yes thats not mine thinking of running a vr wagon diff from donor car, wider diff should fill flares well when i finally get some