Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb to be vc satin black brock

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Did its first skid today. Does good skids. Needs an lsd tho :(

Thanks guys
I will plug the hazzard in and see if i get some results

Vk sl 3800
Can you please expand?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Headlight bulbs always have + power and to turn them on the negative side is earthed.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just came across this thread....What did you do to get the VN bearing plates to fit the VR struts? What lower control arms and rack did you end up using?

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
So it runs a vr bearing plate cut down and with the studs repositioned (pic pg 5). Hole front end is vr. rack, arms everything. It has a vr adjustable column modded firewall to mount. (Since doing discovered is pointless as hits the dash at anything other than full down full out.) so suits the square input shaft on rack. If i was doing this again i would find a vp s2 ( i don't know about s1) donor car as i resently found out that they run the vr breaks and slip disks but they have a square input rack, so don't know about steering side of things. Could try a vn rack and vl intermidet shaft.

Or better just build use a v8.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Just cut down strut tops fit beautifully used the original pressed studs, have been massaging the fire wall to suit the vr coulmb aswell. Not very hard to fit the vr stuff so far ( well exept welding sheet metal)View attachment 169233View attachment 169232View attachment 169231 hope the rest is this smooth sailing

riiiiiiiiight. think we've found your camber problem then...

169233d1389575594-vb-vc-satin-black-brock-image.jpg

169232d1389575594-vb-vc-satin-black-brock-image.jpg

169231d1389575594-vb-vc-satin-black-brock-image.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So it runs a vr bearing plate cut down and with the studs repositioned (pic pg 5). Hole front end is vr. rack, arms everything. It has a vr adjustable column modded firewall to mount. (Since doing discovered is pointless as hits the dash at anything other than full down full out.) so suits the square input shaft on rack. If i was doing this again i would find a vp s2 ( i don't know about s1) donor car as i resently found out that they run the vr breaks and slip disks but they have a square input rack, so don't know about steering side of things. Could try a vn rack and vl intermidet shaft.

Or better just build use a v8.

Thanks....I can tell you, series 2 VP doesn't run VR onwards brakes and slip discs....VP has the same brakes as VN, with the exception of some having ABS....

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
ARI, The VR/VS struts have a camber adjustment where the Strut bolts to the Bearing hub assembly, probably wont have enough adjustment to get it right though.

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Ill try the ajust. Then might have to reposition studs in mount plate.

Got blinkers now, Found the hazards switch. worked a treat after some cleaning of the contacts.
Still no headlights, taillights or break lights.
found there is no power to the headlight switch? Would it mater that only one light is plugged in?

Breaks there is power to the switch and the switch works, but didnt chase further.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
They look like the left set, the 2 bolts are slotted and theres a little grub screw on the bearing hub part to wind the camber in or out.
web_65001-65002-400290.jpg

OP, It could be possible to fit the VK lower control arm at the ball joint to a VS bearing hub/strut assembly provided the ball joint is the same size, even if you have to fit a VS ball joint into a VK arm. It would be worthwhile so you still have proper camber adjustment if you cant get enough out of it with the Wider VS arm.