Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb-vc handbrake

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
sorry if its been asked millions of times just bit brain dead with this

i am able to get hold of the hand brake and backing plates of a vb-vc, the car is a v8 but the brakes are gone and diff housing is, just cable and backings left, would this be a disc rear end because its a v8? not sure on teh model though.
should i bother picking these up these for a conversion which will happen one day soon, and what would you recomend price wise for the hand brake cable and two backing plates?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
common anyone? need to know, asap as i might go get it 2 day if its still avalible. or am i wasting my time and money on it

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
got the cable for 5 bucks, just wondering should i get the backing plates off it or will vn/p ones work fine with the vc hand brake.
compaired a vn backing witht eh backing of the vc, and the hand brake cable went to the bottom of the vn backing where vc i was on the top dose theis affect any thing, or will the vn backing work fine with the vc hand brake cable?
need to know by 4 ish as im going back then, need awnser asap plz

cheers sean

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
got the cable for 5 bucks, just wondering should i get the backing plates off it or will vn/p ones work fine with the vc hand brake.
compaired a vn backing witht eh backing of the vc, and the hand brake cable went to the bottom of the vn backing where vc i was on the top dose theis affect any thing, or will the vn backing work fine with the vc hand brake cable?
need to know by 4 ish as im going back then, need awnser asap plz

cheers sean

No idea sorry Sean but speaking of prices what do you think these are worth?
1 L/hand headlight lense NEW, 1 R/hand headlight lense NEW, 1 R/hand blinker assembly NEW and 1 L/hand rear taillight assembly NEW all still in boxes and wrapped...:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
jsut depends if the genuine,
on ebay i wathced a pair of new aftermarket front indercators go for 19,
at advance auto salavage in lonsdale i think u can get new aftermarket tail light for 50 each, calais or berlina
and lens who knows, why would you be asking this, you need some or have some

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
jsut depends if the genuine,
on ebay i wathced a pair of new aftermarket front indercators go for 19,
at advance auto salavage in lonsdale i think u can get new aftermarket tail light for 50 each, calais or berlina
and lens who knows, why would you be asking this, you need some or have some

Yes I have them in the shed...

nvs_sle

Selling 20's and Stereo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Caprice
hey dude,
i used to have vh v8 and it had drum rears, so no, not just because its a v8 means that it has disks, with the vh's the disk rear ends came only from factory in the s/le's... may be to late, but just thought i would add my 2 cents... :p and also my handdrake in my vl is f**ked....the mechanism has had it and i have to replace the lot, but i luckily, for some random reason decided to keep the one from one of the vh's i had!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well it was disc rear as the drum shoes were on the inside of the disc and i compaired it to a picture in my vl manual book, it looked the same as the disc brakes and wasnt as complex as just the drum rear