Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vb,vc,vh fuel sender in a vk commodore

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
same as V8 Calais ?

ALL VK V8 sedans are the same....
Capture.JPG
are the same....

Chap1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk group a
Thanks for that
Was told today that all group As had a pump in the tank
What can you tell me about these two pleaseView attachment 218510View attachment 218510View attachment 218510View attachment 218510
Thanks for that
What can you tell me about these two pleaseView attachment 218510View attachment 218510View attachment 218510View attachment 218510
Sorry yes they are the same photo it wouldn’t let me attach the other one saying file to big

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
@Chap1969 Hi Vin999 looks like you know a bit about the Vk fuel system just wondering what you can tell me about the Vk group a fuel sender please I’m trying to find one

Reading your posts don't make sense, looks like that old game of charades ..... guess what I got behind door 1 :)

Perhaps you should tells us what's wrong with your fuel sender ?? why you are looking for 1 ??
Why ask for info if you can see the fuel sender from your car ??

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Thanks for that
What can you tell me about these two please

ALL VK V8s are the same sender with a leccy pump in the tank
commonly called a low pressure lift pump....

my VK BT1 had one (had one.. until I made the BT1 a race car)

my VK 234 pack 5.0 4 speed HDT modified Berlina had a pump in the tank
as do all other VK V8s

Chap1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk group a
@Chap1969 Hi Vin999 looks like you know a bit about the Vk fuel system just wondering what you can tell me about the Vk group a fuel sender please I’m trying to find one

Reading your posts don't make sense, looks like that old game of charades ..... guess what I got behind door 1 :)

Perhaps you should tells us what's wrong with your fuel sender ?? why you are looking for 1 ??
Why ask for info if you can see the fuel sender from your car ??
Mines is missing , long story short it was taken out by a mechanic and lost I never seen it , I found one on line that they told me was out of a Vk V8 but doesn’t have a pump on it , a mechanic that has a group a told me his car doesn’t have a pump in the tank it just has a big outlet tube for fuel to the motor a thin outlet for the breather hose and a plug for the gauge
Sorry for being a pain and thanks for any help

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Mines is missing , long story short it was taken out by a mechanic and lost I never seen it , I found one on line that they told me was out of a Vk V8 but doesn’t have a pump on it , a mechanic that has a group a told me his car doesn’t have a pump in the tank it just has a big outlet tube for fuel to the motor a thin outlet for the breather hose and a plug for the gauge
Sorry for being a pain and thanks for any help
That mechanics car would probably have been changed to external aftermarket pump/filter/lines setup and probably changed sender for maybe a VH V8 one as most 35 year old cars have had many changes done when small pump gave up.

As smitty mentioned a crappy low pressure pump/different relay was used for start up with manual pump. Did you say you had a Calais ??? Calais would have had different connections on sender unit along with low fuel light/ trip computer ?? . Also see if you have a manual fuel pump/block plate down on the motor behind the alternator ???

Chap1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk group a
That mechanics car would probably have been changed to external aftermarket pump/filter/lines setup and probably changed sender for maybe a VH V8 one as most 35 year old cars have had many changes done when small pump gave up.

As smitty mentioned a crappy low pressure pump/different relay was used for start up with manual pump. Did you say you had a Calais ??? Calais would have had different connections on sender unit along with low fuel light/ trip computer ?? . Also see if you have a manual fuel pump/block plate down on the motor behind the alternator ???

no I don’t have a Calais , and yes I have a manual pump

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
no I don’t have a Calais , and yes I have a manual pump
ah ok

eventually finding a sender aint impossible but price might kill ya, maybe you should get an earlier V8 one and do the external pump mod similiar to the VK 6 cyl efi setup.