Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VB-VH Commodore Car Clubs in Victoria

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Gday fellow VB-VH Drivers,

Is there any of you out there that are part of a car club in Victoria (That are on the Vicroads list to be eligible for Club Rego)
What is involved in getting club rego?
What Club are you part of? and what do you have to do? (do you have to attend meetings or club days etc)

Since those pricks at Vicroads have put the price up again (My rego renewal for the hilux is close to 700!) I wouldn't mind switching the vh to Club Reg soon

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
Gday fellow VB-VH Drivers,

Is there any of you out there that are part of a car club in Victoria (That are on the Vicroads list to be eligible for Club Rego)
What is involved in getting club rego?
What Club are you part of? and what do you have to do? (do you have to attend meetings or club days etc)

Since those pricks at Vicroads have put the price up again (My rego renewal for the hilux is close to 700!) I wouldn't mind switching the vh to Club Reg soon

most clubs, if any that accept commodores will require you to be a finacial member for a set period of time before allowing to apply for club rego. commodores are seldomly accepted into clubs because of the "hoon" tag that goes with being a commodore owner, as some of these clubs are old established clubs that dont want any unwanted attention and risk looseing their Vicroads approval. the early commos are now reaching 30 years of age as an average so hopefully the market for for club acceptance will open up soon. i have considered opening a club purely designated sle vehicles including geminis and statesmans and toranas...................... . it is a bucket load of work and dificult to gain Vicroads approval by my understanding. must do some more research into it soon

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
The only one i found in my area is the lions pride club in mt waverly, im gonna check out their club meeting next month

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only one i found in my area is the lions pride club in mt waverly, im gonna check out their club meeting next month

that is the club i have decided to join. it is a club of more mature folk that have some annual events and monthly meetings. they only just changed their charter to cater to commos last year. my neighbour and i have been on a couple of runs with them. minimum term for club rego is 12 months plus but are very suspicious of new members joining just for that reason

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
that is the club i have decided to join. it is a club of more mature folk that have some annual events and monthly meetings. they only just changed their charter to cater to commos last year. my neighbour and i have been on a couple of runs with them. minimum term for club rego is 12 months plus but are very suspicious of new members joining just for that reason
Yeh it looks like the only choice for me so far, have you been to any of the meetings/events?

brockzila

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
I have a VK and want to join a club for first gen commodores but it does suck that clubs have a suspicious attitude towards them keep me updated with the meetings.

I dont even care about club reg it sounds like a hassle i want to just get out there on my own terms and just cruise with like minded people got a few mates with VKs now we are all keen for that kind of thing.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh it looks like the only choice for me so far, have you been to any of the meetings/events?

did a run to phillip island for the classic in march and recently did a drive from lilydale to yea, alexandra for the truck show and then home via healesville. they did a run to winton last weekend for the classic event there. as i said they are a more mature age bracket. those i have met are very nice folk. im only forty and would be one of the youngest. the photo in my album of the the two sles was from the island run.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
there was a member from the club on here a while ago with a blue vc commodore i think it was. i cant remember their name though

joelcktt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore 253 SLE
I have an original 1982 VH SLE. I am a member of the 60-80 Holden Enthusiasts Club. They are a good group and recently changed their rules to accept all Holden's between 48 to 84.

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
a mate of mine went there on monday night and by the sounds of it they give away club regos to anybody. cant use your more than 90 days a year, be a finacial member of a club and must run a logbook and have it with on every drive. they are the basic rules of club rego from my understanding.