Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 308

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Thanks champ..

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
So today one of my rocker cover bolts sheared off in the head:(
tajajepe.jpg

What is the torque settings on these things? I just did it by hand and "nipped them up" and the last one went pop!

Can anyone tell me the sized easy out I needa go find?
:(

Pm me.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
you can get a full kit for about $30 from any good tool shop, it may cost u near $20 just to get the size u particually need.
i bought a full set for 30 and ive used almost each size since....well worth it imo

make sure u keep the head covered when drilling it out, and keep the drill dead straight coz u dont wanna hit the thread of the head

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Ah cool, thanks mate!

Pm me.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Well cheers for the advice I got that bolt out with an easy out set:) ended up needing a few sizes to try so thankyou..

On a side note I took the old girl for a nice 200km drive last night and she didn't skip a beat! Sounded unreal going through the tunnels at full noise at the early hours;)

One thug is I get heaps of wind noise from my rear door seals. I think they need new rubbers.
Has anyone found a good replacement?

Also:
null-2.jpg

Polyair/drag bags are installed! Next week hopefully I can fill the car with groomsmen and not scrape fingers crossed..

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Il look into it and see.. Maybe I've confused him with another shop.

Pm me.

So my dad went to get a quote on a fixing a guard on his car, hes still there :) lots of beautiful cars in the workshop still though being restored.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well cheers for the advice I got that bolt out with an easy out set:) ended up needing a few sizes to try so thankyou..

On a side note I took the old girl for a nice 200km drive last night and she didn't skip a beat! Sounded unreal going through the tunnels at full noise at the early hours;)

One thug is I get heaps of wind noise from my rear door seals. I think they need new rubbers.
Has anyone found a good replacement?

Also:
null-2.jpg

Polyair/drag bags are installed! Next week hopefully I can fill the car with groomsmen and not scrape fingers crossed..

You can go to rarespares online and buy them i think there $40 each :| cant remember exactly but i need them too! for the time being just undo the door catch knock it in a couple of mm, and you will have to slam the doors but it will stop the leak! then theres no rush to fix it...

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Ah good idea:)

And good news on the panel shop..

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah its all i did with my VS lol, irratated the fark out of me, interior has to be silent lol. I get pretty frustrated over **** like that has to be right!

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Anyone got a Vn alternator I can pull apart? Doesn't need to be working I just want the cage... Pretty sure v6 and v8 are the same?