Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 308

FORGIVEME

no substitute for cui
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 S3 VS STATESMAN
Dude this Thing is coming along mint and the overflow looks mint man i think iv seen one of them somewhere lol

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Thanks bro, and cheers for overflow hook up;)
Wouldn't say mint but once I get the ultra lows and put filter through bonnet it will at least be tough!

Me and the wife just bought our first house and are rennovating it so cash is tight on this now:(
Hence the hunting for second hand ultras and hoping for a painter to do my bonnet cheap or for parts/electrical work:p

Upside is the vc now has a large double shed to be stored and a seperate work shed again!
So next month or so il start to pull panels off and hide all wires under bonnet.

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
This is a great looking VC. What size tyres did you have on those 16" steel rims? Great work with the car.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
205/45/16... They were cheap and fit alright but 205 is straight up not enough grip on the rears!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
who wants grip when u can have smoke! :yahoo:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Also does anyone have the chrome trim from below the drivers headlight? I'm chasing it for my front end? It's all I'm missing for my front..

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
vc sunroof

just reading through your thread and noticed you are looking for a vc sunroof. i yestrerday looked at one on ebay and sent some pics to the guy i wanted to install it for me. he has suggested i dont buy it as it is the same roof they but in early bmw's and merc's and you can no longer get parts for them. be careful when you are looking at these items. they are cheap but may cost you a truckload more if you cant service or repair them. he suggested chasing a sunroof from a bmw circa 1987. i hope this helps.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yea very good info mate... Don't really feel like putting one in and it breaking irreparably..
Have u looked to see if there's a new aftermarket one that'd work?

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
havent chased a new aftermarket as i hoping to get an original one like you. its not really a priority for me but i saw it going cheap and did some homework. the guy did tell me it would have cost between $1500-$1700 to install as the roof needs to be cut (obviously ) and rolled. then of course the actual metal sunroof needed some tidying up and then the roof needed to be painted. all up looking at around $2500 including purchase price. at the moment id much rather spend that sort of money on a few more essentials.