Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 6cylinder wont crank

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
That makes sense, with the control box....Yes, that controls the spark, but has nothing to do with it not cranking over.

First picture, the spade terminal goes to the positive of the coil, whilst the other with the black wires goes to the negative of the coil...The bullet part of the terminal, is for a factory taco, if one is to be fitted...

The other 2 plugs, in the 2nd picture, I have no idea where they go....Can't say I've seen them in my loom with my VC
Alright cool so the pink wire goes to the positive on the coil how does the big bulky black thing go on the negative it's got spades okn the coil I think

I appreciate the help everyone

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
Righto ya bunch of good cunts thanks for all the suggestions I'll probably need more but I got it cranking a few things were stuffing me around dodgy power wire to to starter and the fact that the bloke that done the manual conversion put an actual switch in place of the neutral start switch and it was in the wrong position and of course after sitting 10 years the starter was a bit lazy and required a tapety tap tap now I'm just waiting on the ignition module thing and I'll probably n e back onto yas if I can't get it sparking cheers all appreciate it heaps
Snapchat-1930257364.jpg

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
That makes sense, with the control box....Yes, that controls the spark, but has nothing to do with it not cranking over.

First picture, the spade terminal goes to the positive of the coil, whilst the other with the black wires goes to the negative of the coil...The bullet part of the terminal, is for a factory taco, if one is to be fitted...

The other 2 plugs, in the 2nd picture, I have no idea where they go....Can't say I've seen them in my loom with my VC
So for the coil wires is this correct I just jammed the big thing on the spade also what is that other terminal behind the big thing for would you be able to send a pic of yours
Snapchat-264311185.jpg

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1

Sorry another question is your vc a manual a factory manual perhaps I'm just thinking that you might not have those other plugs because they are for an auto box ooorrrr maybe its to do with that mine used to have A/C

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry another question is your vc a manual a factory manual perhaps I'm just thinking that you might not have those other plugs because they are for an auto box ooorrrr maybe its to do with that mine used to have A/C

My current VC was a factory auto, however the front loom was a from a factory manual car

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So for the coil wires is this correct I just jammed the big thing on the spade also what is that other terminal behind the big thing for would you be able to send a pic of yours View attachment 212847

Not able to post pictures unfortunately, but that is correct how it is done....If you wanted to, you could cut off that abortion for the negative and put different terminal ends on..... :) If it was me, that'd be what I'd do

V8bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ls1
Not able to post pictures unfortunately, but that is correct how it is done....If you wanted to, you could cut off that abortion for the negative and put different terminal ends on..... :) If it was me, that'd be what I'd do
Okay good and yeah that's the plan