Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc brakes

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
Hi all, just wanted some advice on brake for my VC rebuild. Went to put brake fluid in and found one of the front calipers has a stripped bleeder thread, and leaks.
I do realise the caliper might be repairable, but what options do I have for replacement, other than the originals which are hard to find these days? What other Commodore models' front calipers will fit?
Any options leaving existing booster and master in place?
Thanks in advance.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
depends how far you want to go
most popular upgrade is VT brake upgrade - but it involves buying converter hubs, and you really need a VT master cylinder conversion to get it to work properly.

If you don't want all the fuss, easiest upgrade is a VN-VP V8 caliper and rotor upgrade. Bolts straight on, uses the same master cylinder although a V8 1 inch master cylinder and dual diaphram booster is recommended but not required.

However you will need a minimum of 15 inch wheels to clear the brakes

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you need a replacement caliper, I do have a set laying round, that came off my VC, when I upgraded to VT fronts....Only been sitting for 6 months

For the VT upgrade, it'll set you back about $500 to $600, which is fairly good value

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
Thanks for the info guys. I'll start with a new bleeder screw and see if it seals.

Might contact you about those spares VC!

Cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All calipers from VB-VP series one are the same. As long as it hasn't got the fins on the caliper, it will fit. The finned ones are VN V8 and VP series 2 V6 and V8.