Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore brakes

D

devilly

i have a problem with my vc commodore, every time i brake i loose vacuum,when in park its at 50 then drops to 25 on the vacuum gauge, when i press the brake pedal and i can hear a hissing noise near the brake pedal area any ideas of what it is ? i have done heaps of work on the brakes they are great if you pump it quickly and keep the vacuum up,i have replaced the hose and clamps under the engine bay, hope to hear from someone soon,

also a handy hint to anyone in this jam ,car wouldn't start so i put a new battery in her still no go,ended up being the fusible link to the starter motor which is just a fancy name for a wire which goes from thin to thick,i replaced this , then pulled out a fuse turned accessorizes on for 10 secs turned off put fuse back in did it to all my fuses until whooo car going ,

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
My money would be on your booster being shagged.

D

devilly

yup replaced the vacuum booster and then the master cylinder best trick i found was via a straw and gently blowing in the holes in the master cylinder :)