Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Horn Setup - HELP

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I tried to remove my horn button/cover with a flathead before but its stuck in tight and ill take a chunk out if i try :(

looks like its scrwed from the inside? so i would have to take my steering wheel off to remove the cover? if so sorry mate :(

EDIT** the black wire connects to the side on the right? "bottom photo" and it doesnt reach?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Looks like in that last pic the connection onto the horn pad is broken, thats where the black wire connects too. If thats correct you need a new horn pad.

Jimboss

Reaction score
umm, this may sound like a really basic solution, and i apologise if this is no help whatsoever.

On mine, i changed the steering wheel and when i put the old one back on i was racking my brain trying to sort it out, turns out you need to put the whole thing together (screw the horn pad onto the steering wheel), this sorted out the problem i had.

So in short, plug the wire in, SCREW to horn pad into place, and give it a whirl, as i said, it solved my problem, i assume the screws acted as some sort of ground.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Yes, its embarrassing.. but a simple TIGHT screw to connect it fixed it..

also.. goon.. just use the 2 screws behind the wheel mate..

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Cheers mate, i'll have a look at mine after 9am. Then ill post a few pics for yah if i get the thing off.. :)

but yeah screws behind it cheers :p

EDIT - badluck so far mate, some of my tools have gone walkabout and i'm not happy :bang: I'll seewhat happens after midday, i can't even find my mini flathead :(

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
We did...

I'll have another look today whitevc, if your still in the same boat mate.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
My problem is fixed.. thanks anyway.. the old girl is back together, got a tuneup today n she is running sweet :) :thumbsup: