Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC interior and mods

Hobbes

Hobbes
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
Deleted

Last edited:

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Hobbes said:
Heres what iv got:
1980 (or 81) VC Commodore SL
its a very good ride with RED 202 engine & 350 holly+ trimatic gearbox

You sure its a VC and not a VB? VCs had the blue engines. Anyhow, the 350 Holley isn't doing you any favours performance wise. Let's not even mention fuel economy. A 202 just can't pump 350 cubic feet of air per minute. Even with a high flowing head/cam combo at 6000rpm. There are carbs which are much better suited to your engine. If the cops ask, don't tell 'em you've got the Holley there. They're illegal (for emissions reasons) on post-1976 engines, so they can slap you with a canary.

Hobbes said:
I really want to spice up the dash instrument cluster as it is not well lit and the factory face is a bit dull and worn.
Also the switches for the fans, heater, air circulation are not lit at all!!
and can be quite hard to change in the dark>>>>Can we light them up with a bit of LED light?!

The switches were backlit from the factory. Sounds like your globes might be buggered. You might be able to change them for LEDs. There is room. The factory bulbs are a tiny 2cp globe which is about the size of an LED, so you should be able to fit them in the factory bulb holders. You might need to modify your circuits if you plan on using low voltage LEDs. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Hobbes said:
and i was thinking Green glow of LEDS for the instrument cluster and blue for the heater controlls
HEY DO U THINK I COULD RIG UP MULTI COLOUR ILLUMINATION FOR THE DASH??? (YUHKNO FLIK A SWITCH AND NOW ITS RED/or/BLUE NOT GREEN????????????? man that'd be sweeeeeeet!

Anything is possible, but I'd prefer plain white. The gauges in early Commo's have a black face, so different colored lights might not do as well in lighting them up.

Hobbes

Hobbes
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
Deleted

Last edited:

Hobbes

Hobbes
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
Deleted

Last edited:

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Regarding the fan control lights, when i pulled my one apart, there was a standard light bulb at the top of the whole unit, inline with the fan plugs. Check the copper connection as that broke easily on me, or could just be a stuffed bulb.

Hobbes

Hobbes
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
deleted

Last edited:

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Damm straight, its a bastard of a job. try not to have to do it to often, it tends to change a sunny dispotion towards the car.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Nice car mate, i'm working on a Vc myself atm with the blue motor :p but anyway your car sounds , apart for the issues.. Your car has a bit of height doesn't it?

Hobbes

Hobbes
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Acclaim
Deleted

Last edited: