Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Resto - 1JZ GTE - Lemon

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Figured I'd ask here if anyone's got some rust repair sections?

- Bottom of A Pillar / Front rocker
- Front and Rear window frame (sides and top)
- Under Front Passenger headlight
- Rear beaver panel Also chasing a drivers door without rust. Located Brisbane but willing to pay for postage.

Also noticed a fair bit of bog on the rear passenger quarter so may need to replace.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Rear beaver NLA even if find 2nd hand item it's 500-1000 for something that will need repairing so if can repair yours then do so usually where it meets boot floor near spot welds.

Rares or kingswood country do bottom of quarters,boot floor,spare wheel section,front & rear windscreen sections...most other bits might find someone custom making stuff but in the end most of what you buy will need tweeking or be remade once get hang of it anyway.

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Rear beaver NLA even if find 2nd hand item it's 500-1000 for something that will need repairing so if can repair yours then do so usually where it meets boot floor near spot welds.

Rares or kingswood country do bottom of quarters,boot floor,spare wheel section,front & rear windscreen sections...most other bits might find someone custom making stuff but in the end most of what you buy will need tweeking or be remade once get hang of it anyway.

Yeah I need to replace the boot floor anyway, and like you said will be easier to repair beaver as it's only got rust along where it's spotwelded to the boot floor

Ordered the following from Resto Spares (kingswood country) last night
- Boot Floor
- Spare Wheel
- Front Windscreen Lower/Cowl
- Rear Windscreen Lower section
- Rear Drivrers side quarter lower

I think the damage near the rocker can be patched as long as the rot hasn't gone too far, biggest concern was around the window frame.

Also looking at getting a whole passenger side quater because this one is pretty bad and am thinking that it'd be better than just re-bogging it like the last repair

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Muscle Car Parts might still have last of the nos...or maybe ebay.

If was vk or vl everything basically been bought out options are overpriced second or reproduction parts

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Got a special delivery while on lunch

184475901_1232786220512167_784618845306732629_n.jpg

Might have to buy a whole rear passenger quarter (or find a cut) because the damage on this one is pretty how-ya-goin'. Wills see what the panel beater thinks after it's been blasted.

Attachments

• 183987297_1122754548229603_3941918273880643735_n - Copy.jpg
    183987297_1122754548229603_3941918273880643735_n - Copy.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 140

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
Am in the process of finishing my 78 vb had car sand blastered and soda blastered in so call bad spots if the rust has made metal thin out forget it honestly for the time it takes patching and the amount of body bog, and metal filler needed( and labour costs) is not economical, is easier and often cheaper to replace the whole section with section repair panels as old commodoores are skinned body sectioned ( 2 skins for a door ,2 skins for front guards rear 1/4 skins ect with stand-alone roof, bonnet and boot) these skins are cheap as chips compared to sand/soda blasting costs and paint alot easier and you wont have to worry about rust there again.( give rare spares a look up under section rust repair panels for the model commy you want and they have it as i just replaced sills cowl rear screen section and 4 door skins and look brand factory new... somtimes it is better to use elbow grease and a wire wheel and grinder and good old block down as you dont know just how much metal you have to play with and blasting is an unforgiving process.. the thinner the metal the more it tends to distort and put further holes in the car( give rare spares a lookup is where I get my rust repair sections and they can also advise you as they ain't a bad bunch and are willing to help out with info.) To replace sections just find a panel beater who has the punch tool and can weld and use a tape measure! ( punch tool is the device they use to punch a series of holes in one panel and those holes are then where the section is pin /clamp welded into place onto other section of the panel.(2 sections per panel) just a thought as sandblasting my old girl turned into a monster job cost heaps more damage and at the end of the day wished i had saved time and money by hand blocking and grinding just to see what we up against as it would have been cheaper to just replace sections.... just thought..

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
Here is a bit of sill I replaced pictured, was medium/sand/soda blasted and primed.. take not of primer side compared to what you don't see on the underside that blaster does not get to and how pits through from back not from primer side as a lot of people think and the more you blast the less metal you end up with and why we had to replace with the new sill.

Attachments

• IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG00042.jpg
    IMG00042.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
Car is finally booked in for the blasters on Monday. Pretty keen to see how much is left when it's done.

All stripped down, got the check straps out, just need to figure out how to remove the Accelerator pedal.

186543025_4039460419507058_2881379457452627856_n.jpg

Boot is rust free, so will start on bogging/sanding when I get it back.