Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc sle progress thread

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
tranny surprise turbo 700

Well I took the car for a spin the other day (first time) and noticed a bit of gear slippage, so decided to service the tranny. I was thinking it was just the original tranny a turbo 350 but to my surprise and delight it is a turbo 700, I should have realised this when I was looking at the drive shaft and was curious as to why it had a welding seam around it, and also the cross member had been modified and the speedo cable was not connected. Anyway as you can see by the pics it hadn't had an fluid change in a while, I gave the pan a coat of silver as well, don't think it will look that pretty for long (long enough for the RWC I hope)
What about all the shite on the magnet, it was 1/2 inch thick, will put it all back together today and take it for a spin, see how it goes.
Chanoo
photo ooj[5.jpgphoto khol3.jpgphotokijh 4.jpgphotolil; 2.jpgphotofgt.jpg

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
Well I took the car for a spin the other day (first time) and noticed a bit of gear slippage, so decided to service the tranny. I was thinking it was just the original tranny a turbo 350 but to my surprise and delight it is a turbo 700, I should have realised this when I was looking at the drive shaft and was curious as to why it had a welding seam around it, and also the cross member had been modified and the speedo cable was not connected. Anyway as you can see by the pics it hadn't had an fluid change in a while, I gave the pan a coat of silver as well, don't think it will look that pretty for long (long enough for the RWC I hope)
What about all the shite on the magnet, it was 1/2 inch thick, will put it all back together today and take it for a spin, see how it goes.
Chanoo

Hey buddy, what ever happened with your car, did you finish it?

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
Chanoo

Hey buddy, what ever happened with your car, did you finish it?

yeah id like to see it too. Hows it going?

Jlewi167

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Hi folks, I have transferred this thread over from the general VB, VC, VH section.
So everyone is up to speed I bought a 1980 VC SLE 308 last week, it has been abused somewhat mostly the interior, how ever everything is there.

Progress so far

* managed to get all the lights, indicators and interior lights working, not much to this just a few loose wires and blown bulbs, only the lights inside the bonnet need to be wired up now.
* fixed the horn, took it apart and there was a little circular piece inside that had come loose from the screw that changes the pitch of the horn.

View attachment 164150View attachment 164151View attachment 164152View attachment 164153View attachment 164154View attachment 164155View attachment 164156View attachment 164157

cheers
Hey mate very long shot but are you still in possession of this car I remember this car clear as day I believe 99% this was my dads exact car he’s first ever car picked it up when he was 17 and I grew up it in. Long shot but if you still have it would love to contact you. Even have a photo of it at my mum and dad wedding

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey mate very long shot but are you still in possession of this car I remember this car clear as day I believe 99% this was my dads exact car he’s first ever car picked it up when he was 17 and I grew up it in. Long shot but if you still have it would love to contact you. Even have a photo of it at my mum and dad wedding

He hasn't been on here since 2/12/2018....So best of luck

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

@chanoo hasn't been on here for 3 years.

Would be cool if it is the same car.

Jlewi167

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Yeah it would be awesome if I could find it looks exactly like my dads

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Try sending him a PM (personal message), he may get an email notification.

Reactions: Lex