Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc vb commodore heater core

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
will a heater core from a wb fit into a L model vc commodore with air con?
Thanks
Grant

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
cant say for sure from memory, early vb/vc had different core placement/air con to last VC's built same year to VH and changed air con. Big mess, bypass heater core and wear more clothes :)

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
cant say for sure from memory, early vb/vc had different core placement/air con to last VC's built same year to VH and changed air con. Big mess, bypass heater core and wear more clothes :)

Already doing all that believe me in winter i drive from Seymour to Melbourne every morning for work and my fingers and toes just freeze

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
I looked at the compressor it has SANDEN on the tag and its silver colour... I think its and aftermarket system, Ive never known my heater to work with the air con, it just blows cold air whether the heater is on or not, so I think i dont have to de-gas/re-gas. does that sound right to you?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can you not buy a VC core new?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Is the core blocked, does coolant flow through the core? Try reverse flushing it for starters.

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
I looked at the compressor it has SANDEN on the tag and its silver colour... I think its and aftermarket system, Ive never known my heater to work with the air con, it just blows cold air whether the heater is on or not, so I think i dont have to de-gas/re-gas. does that sound right to you?
i found one but when i tried to buy it it was suddenly out of stock and been out of stock ever since... all the others ive found have been for hz hx hj hq and WB which is the model before vb commodores i cannot find a vc vb heater core, If you can find one please, point me in the right direction.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try a radiator place

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
Can you not buy a VC core new?
[
i found one but when i tried to buy it it was suddenly out of stock and been out of stock ever since... all the others ive found have been for hz hx hj hq and WB which is the model before vb commodores i cannot find a vc vb heater core, If you can find one please, point me in the right direction.