Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc vb commodore heater core

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
i found one but when i tried to buy it it was suddenly out of stock and been out of stock ever since... all the others ive found have been for hz hx hj hq and WB which is the model before vb commodores i cannot find a vc vb heater core, If you can find one please, point me in the right direction.
yer the early vbvc ones that are on the passenger side of firewall next to a/c fan assembly haven't been available for donkey years,
Go to radiator shop as @Losh mentioned and they can recon/flush your old one and even can still get the core new to solder to your tank/fittings but very expensive.
If your copper tanks are ok and the core is stuffed you could try to get one from a HJXWB that has a/con which looks to be similiar and get it fitted to your tanks.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
wait...what? 1979 was the 1st commy yeah????

No, October 1978 was the first month of VB Commodore production.

I had a mint one owner 5 Litre SL/E from that month and year. Traded it on a vanilla VS executive in 2000 for $3000. Still kicking myself.

weekendwarrior22

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
No, October 1978 was the first month of VB Commodore production.

I had a mint one owner 5 Litre SL/E from that month and year. Traded it on a vanilla VS executive in 2000 for $3000. Still kicking myself.
[/QUO
that thing would be worth a small mint now huh

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Looking at carsales, and knowing the condition it was in (and still would be if I kept it), I reckon $40000 wouldnt be out of the question.

the thing I'm most dirty about is my Senator was built by Holden in October 2017 (finished by HSV in December 2017), which was the LAST month of production. So had I have kept the VB, I would have had a first month and last month car.....you live and learn..

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I live near Shepparton, some of the radiator repairers there claim they can repair any radiator, most Melbourne repairers have lost this art - have you tried a Seymour radiator repair shop?

Reactions: Lex