Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc.... Want More Power "yella Terra Heads???"

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I decided to keep my VC, now I have some $$$ and i want to get some more power out of it. "keeping the 202"

been reading the Street Machine mags from 1985-1987 and there are a fair few adds for Yella Terra Heads.
I dont really know much about them....
any body know anything about them??
or anything else I can do.
also got a diff lined up "bit stronger than my last one......."
if I get it should I get a new gearbox? "currently have ozzy 4 sped"

help much appreachiated.:thumbsup:

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
well im certain you can't buy Yella Terra heads new anymore but you might be able to find a second hand one around somewhere .... they arn't cheap though.
aussie 4 speed should work fine, but obviously a 5 speed is nicer, all comes down to $$ i guess and how much power you want.

R

Robandcarmel

G'day from Table Cape Sammy. How much $$$ do you have?
If it is a fair bit, go the VK engine with injection. If you need to keep the old 202, be careful not to go crazy on bits without a large budget to do it properly. There are some heads around, (Yella Terra is OK but they are basic ),but you need to be careful of cracks and warps etc...Why are they for sale???
I reckon you should see Steven Bell (S&D Autos) in Launceston. He is the "GURU" on Holden sixes and he won't lie to you.
Good luck, hope I have helped. Rob

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks, yeah he is my dads mate. I was going to go and see him sometime next week to see what he thought. I want to keep the same engine i'll keep an eye out for a new head. thanks again. :thumbsup: