Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCC: Modified as per Compliance Cert. ????

surfermv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sortwagon
Hi everyone,

I just sold my 2014 VF Commodore Sportwagon Evoke and upgraded to a runout model 2017 SV6 VF. The buyer has pointed out on the bottom of the rego paper the following:

VCC: Modified as per Compliance Cert. 1200101500443MVPv01.
Modified as per report number 1200101500443MP Issued 20151110.

It looks like the compliance certificate was issued when the car was first registered on 10/11/2015, as I found last years rego papers and it's also on that one as well. Does anyone know what the modification is? Does anyone else with an Evoke sportwagon w=have this at the bottom of their rego paper? I bought the car from a dealer in Albury who bought it at a government auction, I think RMS Yass owned the vehicle before me, so I doubt they modified a fleet car.

Thanks for any help in solving the mystery!

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
LPG?

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
Maybe similar mods to ex police vehicles...i think they used to call it a country pack (suspension)?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My first thought would have been that the seller should have actually provided you a copy of the paperwork which would outline the modifications.

In fact if may be a requirement that you must carry such documentation with the modified vehicle at all times. At least that was the case with a personally imported motorbike... and it was a bog standard Suzuki...

You could first ask the registration authorities what the carry requirements for such paperwork actually are and if the dealer was required to provide them to you (or if they have copies they could provide you gratis.... yeah right....).

If the rego authority states the dealer was required to provide such documentation to the buyer, i’d go back to the dealer and ask them to chase it up and provide you a copy of the documents as required.

At a guess, there is the complication if modifications were, for example, emergency lights that have been removed from the vehicle and who’s responsibility it would be to get such ‘modified status’ removed from the vehicle as it has been reverted back to standard?

Really, it’s anyone’s guess what the mods would be, unless someone has those docs, so do post when you find out from the powers to be and what implications, if any, these mods have for you as an owner.

surfermv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sortwagon
Thanks for all the replies, it definitely wasn't a police car and the car is stock standard. I owned the car for about 18months before selling it and was only pointed out to me by the purchaser, so im trying to figure out what it is. It has never affected the rego status to date, such a mystery!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doh, I should learn to read... thought the new car you bought had the mods certification listed on the rego o_O

It would still be interesting to know what the mods were and what requirements an owner has placed on them (though i’d guess nothing as gov depts usually follow rules).

Cheers :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There are probably different types of certificates ... but the one my car's registered with (an engineer's certificate for light vehicle modification with one of the registered RTA signatories at the time) requires you to carry a copy of that certificate around in the car with you (this is NSW).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, i've been pulled over a few times and some cops simply don't seems to be the sharpest tools in the shed, either that or they were just being tools. I'd be tempted to say it's a combination of both and that's why i'd want and expect that any type of modification compliance certificate would clearly spell out what is modded and that it complies. Otherwise Joe Plod would have a field day at the drivers expense.

Still, the lack of a certificate in the car didn't seem to cause the OP any grief, so go figure.