Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vcm 7/ vcm 13

bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VE SS ute
hey guys hoping for some feed back on anyone that has similar mods i have 2009 ve ss ute manual, it has x-force 2.5" system highflow cats and a side mount supercharger all fittet when i purchased it, also it has 30,000k on it i now have the money to put a cam in it have been told vcm 7 and vcm 13 would go well with whats already done, i really dont wanna lose to much drivability in built up areas, so just wondering what whats the best cam for that set up and what sort of power i could expect cheers in advance
Bob

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Blower cams usually have a wider split on the duration and a bigger LSA of around say 115-117. Theres a million options and everyone has a different opinion but one you could consider is the GM LS9 cam that GM uses in the supercharged 6.2litre corvette. Makes 476flywheel KW in that motor with the 1900 supercharger. Harrop engineering sells those Cams if you needed one. I think the cam specs are somewhere near 210/230, about 550 lift and a very high LSA. Being a factory cam, you know it will at least drive reasonably nicely.

bobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VE SS ute
awesome mate cheers for the feedback, ill look into that a bit more :)