Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM/MACE OTR intake for VE SIDI review

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Hey all,
Thought i'd review yet another product by MACE engineering. I've already done a review on the insulators which can be found here - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/212562-12mm-mace-insulator-sidi-review.html
and shortly after i bought MACEs OTR with induction roar on my mind :)

Installation
Installation required the MAF sensor plug to be extended, although daunting at first it is very straight forward. Steve provides detailed instructions and it's a matter of just cutting 5 wires, putting in more wiring and taping it all up. I used heat shrink and electrical insulation to conceal the change.

Installing the intake itself requires new radiator brackets, these are very easy to install. The hardest bit of the install is getting the elbow which connects the intake to the throttle body on, a bit of vaseline worked well here.

Performance
I fired up the motor and gave it a little rev, straight away i could hear it take a gulp for air and it sounded awesome! took it for a drive and fell in love with the sound the engine makes. Doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner anymore, just a deep sound with grunt that really screams loud as you climb the rev band.

As for performance, the car feels stronger and more eager to move from mid-high RPM and jumping on the throttle the car just leaps forward instantly. Another plus is the intake did not require a tune, no check engine light and no change in engine behavior. Prior to this i had a growler intake with a airhammer pipe and this not only sounds better but you can actually feel a difference in power with the OTR.

tl;dr
Highly recommend buying the MACE OTR if you're after sound rather than spending the money on an exhaust. Sounds great at WOT and won't bleed your ears when you're cruising along. The performance is a plus and with a tune next the OTR should return some great numbers. Videos of sound should be up soon :)

Thanks to Steve and Mace for there great customer service

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Vid of the noise?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Sounds exactly as a OTR should! Good work :)

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Might have to get one for the misses car