Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR filter removal

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hey guys have a VCM OTR on my series 2 SS and just wondering what's the best and easiest way to get the filter out for cleaning?

Cheers :)

Ammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 2011 SS ( Alto Grey ) 6 speed manual
hey Diesel , not that i know how to get the filter off , but am curious as i own a SS II as well and am from sydney , i also want to get otrcai and was wondering if u have any any issues ? or warranty concerns from holden ?
im thinking of a maf tune for mine ... thanks alot , sorry didnt help with ur question lol :)

Ammo

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i did this yesterday, was such a bitch!

should be easy taking it off and on.

when u take out the filter, its held by a metal frame which is held by 3 of those pop-top plastic screws (sorry not exactly sure what there called)
make sure u look which way the filter goes back in, (spend a good 20 mins figuring it) but both, filter and frame go in only one way.
mine has alot of bugs on the filter and was surprised how some of there fins god stuck on the maf sensor.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi mate if you have a new SS and it's under warranty ESPECIALLY if it's practically new then DO NOT mafless tune or remove factory cats.. Spend the extra coin and get walkinshaw to do it. Not only does there gear look good and sound good you won't have any warranty issues at all.

As for filter remOval thanks for that, my filter is still pretty clean at this stage do no need to do it yet. Mines also a revised version of the VCM (no leaking filter issue) by the way VCM otr's don't fit MY12 VE's unless they updated recently.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
My dealer never had any probs with my mods....