Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Parts and accessories questions

Has a VCM OTR caused your engine light to come on?

• Total voters

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
I'm looking at getting a VCM MAF OTR and I had a few questions.

1. Any reputable sellers that I should buy from and what price?
2. Is the bonnet hood insert panel necessary or is it just w#nk factor
3. I will do the install myself is there any tips or tricks to install that I would need to know
4. I will also buy the side panels because I think it looks cleaner. But does that mean I need to buy the infill panel?

Also what is the induction sound like with this system? Any videos would be great.

Just to be clear again I am looking to retain the MAF for anyone who would like to dig up the MAF v MAFLESS argument.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Check out my thread, I got the MAF OTR and infill panels and installed it myself. Got it direct from VCM, best price I could find at the time and it arrived the next day. The bottom of the stock air box is a bastard to get out. It's easier if you undo the bracket on the strut tower to give you more room to take it out. Induction noise is better, and I thought the throttle felt a bit more responsive, but it could of been the mind playing tricks on me.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
1, u can buy it straight from vcm or off the net they usually are about the same price..
2, bonnet one or hood insert is not necessary i didnt have one because it wasnt touching the hood lining, only until i got the blower did i have issues so i have it now
3, install is pretty straight forward only thing i can say is put a split washer on the bolts from the radiator to the new mounts because i found it does rattle loose after time and the radiator can move
4,i never got the infill panel still looks good
the induction sounds good u will notice it straight away...

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check out my thread, I got the MAF OTR and infill panels and installed it myself. Got it direct from VCM, best price I could find at the time and it arrived the next day. The bottom of the stock air box is a bastard to get out. It's easier if you undo the bracket on the strut tower to give you more room to take it out. Induction noise is better, and I thought the throttle felt a bit more responsive, but it could of been the mind playing tricks on me.

Im just looking at your thread mate and I saw that you bought the infill panel as well. Was that necessary to install the fascia panels?

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
does anyone have a photo of the hood insert installed? I got one and it dosent look like a good fit.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
this is how i done mine
vcmhoodinsert_zpsd8906a82.jpg

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
was its a tight fit? mine sits out way to far for the clips to reach the hold in the bonnett

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i took the lining off and cut it out to suit then refitted, the holes were a little out or alignment so i just filed the inside a little so the clips would go thru, and all good...

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
1. Vic Performance Parts, 2/5 Hammer Crt Hoppers Crossing, 8360 3883, I got my MAF version for $518 cash upon pickup. They listed theirs on ebay for $550.
2. Bonnet hood is W*** factor for sure. The OTR literally touches and even presses hard up against the hood lining. It even has a recessed mark on it now with my hood lining.
3. Installation is easy, it comes with instructions but not very well photocopied. Better use the JHP web page. Same instructions.
4. Side panels are not necessary. Unless you have a show car or a perfectionist... Looks good without it, and less weight and less procedures if u wanna change headlight globes etc.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
1. Vic Performance Parts, 2/5 Hammer Crt Hoppers Crossing, 8360 3883, I got my MAF version for $518 cash upon pickup. They listed theirs on ebay for $550.
2. Bonnet hood is W*** factor for sure. The OTR literally touches and even presses hard up against the hood lining. It even has a recessed mark on it now with my hood lining.
3. Installation is easy, it comes with instructions but not very well photocopied. Better use the JHP web page. Same instructions.
4. Side panels are not necessary. Unless you have a show car or a perfectionist... Looks good without it, and less weight and less procedures if u wanna change headlight globes etc.

Ill give them a call today, by far the cheapest that I have heard of