Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Parts and accessories questions

Has a VCM OTR caused your engine light to come on?

• Total voters

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Got nothing to do with maf v mafless. I'm saying that the engine light comes on regardless of what you do. The OTR causes lean fuel mixtures.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Turtle, my understanding from talking to Dus is that the factory MAF is set in the computer to read up to a certain volume of air. The OTR allows so much more air that that reading goes over the factory set ceiling of readability in the MAF and therefore throws the code/light. So in the tune the tuner increases the ceiling reading for the maf sensor to be able to read the extra flow and that fixes that particular engine light issue from re-occuring. Thats just my understanding of that particular issue, may be wrong. Engine lights from o2 sensors are a different story though. I also thought that the computer throws more fuel in when its confused as a safety measure rather than leaning it out.....?? may be wrong again there though.

mine threw the code 500m down the road from Dus's place after fitting the OTR and booting it.

Regarding tuning or not tuning once you fit an OTR (can only speak regarding the Duspeed brand) i did post dyno sheets a while back but on the same dyno from dead stock to fitting the Duspeed and a cat back without a tune went from 208rwkw to 229rwkw, then after the tune was done its pulling 249rwkw all day...... for anyone thats interested.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
I've added a poll because there seem to be a lot of discrepancy between people who have thrown and haven't thrown a light. I must admit I'm awfully confused.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Theres a world of mis information out there, good idea on the poll!!!

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
So far no engine light for me