Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR radiator brackets

texicat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 1 SSV
Hi All,

I have recently fitted the VCM OTR to my SSV and like it a lot but the two brackets supplied with the kit to tilt the radiator back are absolute garbage.
I have only had the OTR fitted a few weeks and opened the hood to find both the brackets loose and rattling around. Really poor design on VCM's part.
Anybody had the same issue or have a resolution for this cheap bracket installation?
I have tightened them and applied loctite to threads but the design as a whole will easily fail again...plastic washers...thin cheap metal etc.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi All,

I have recently fitted the VCM OTR to my SSV and like it a lot but the two brackets supplied with the kit to tilt the radiator back are absolute garbage.
I have only had the OTR fitted a few weeks and opened the hood to find both the brackets loose and rattling around. Really poor design on VCM's part.
Anybody had the same issue or have a resolution for this cheap bracket installation?
I have tightened them and applied loctite to threads but the design as a whole will easily fail again...plastic washers...thin cheap metal etc.

I have no direct experience with these but from what I saw, the design and build quality of these is not great...

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Hi All,

I installed mine myself 3 months ago. Everything is tight, nothing has loosened.