Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vcm otr

Rocket ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Hi all fitted a vcm intake on me ve ssv just wondering should i remove or cut the hood seal under the bonnett for better air flow ?

dantheman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I don’t believe you need to with the vcm unit as majority of air comes through the grill section and comes through the lower part

Rocket ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
I don’t believe you need to with the vcm unit as majority of air comes through the grill section and comes through the lower part
Think u might be right I had a look and yeah looks like heaps air comes through the grill the way the intake sits in, with the radiator tilted back.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
I had my VCM installed by C&A Autofashion - they cut the strip to size to accomodate it

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
No harm in cutting or removing it altogether mate I run the vcm Otr with the bonnet strip removed completely

Rocket ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
I run my VCM OTR with the strip cut to either side of the housing. Just for that little bit of extra air flow ;)
No worries thanx for ur help I'll check it out might ask the tuner also see what they reckon I've got it booked in for the tune next month