Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Tunning Software

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I was speaking to Greg from VCM (the company that produces HP tuners for the LS1) and he informed me that they have a working version of tuning software for the alloytec V6.

He said that it isnt ready forsale yet, but it shouldnt be too long before we see it on the market.

How good is that. Finally we can tune these cars properly. There will be some cheap killowatts up for graps with this available.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
VTSS350 said:
I was speaking to Greg from VCM (the company that produces HP tuners for the LS1) and he informed me that they have a working version of tuning software for the alloytec V6.

He said that it isnt ready forsale yet, but it shouldnt be too long before we see it on the market.

How good is that. Finally we can tune these cars properly. There will be some cheap killowatts up for graps with this available.
Well this is bloody fantastic news,might be able to get a custom tune after all.
Holden should have put that ecu on a Astra or something else,i reckon there is plenty more power up for grabs out of the Alloytecs',they are tuned so rich from factory.
VTSS350 mate you have keep in touch with this greg bloke from VCM,because a lot of people been waiting a long time for this to happen,just like the C.A.P.A. Supercharger kit,but don't know what is going on over there with the kit.:w00t: :thumbsup: :bow:

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Yep tell me about it. The gains to be made from a custom tune are simillar to the gains made by tuning the early LS1 V8s.

I am gussing that with a good exhaurst system and a tune that the 175alloytec should make 220kw and use less fuel while crusing.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
VTSS350 said:
Yep tell me about it. The gains to be made from a custom tune are simillar to the gains made by tuning the early LS1 V8s.

I am gussing that with a good exhaurst system and a tune that the 175alloytec should make 220kw and use less fuel while crusing.
So if you 175alloytec would make 220kw then the alloytec190 would putting out 235kw.
My choice for exhaust would be dual 2.25 stainless,need more low down torque than 340nm.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
good ****! I wonder if they will be able to do a calibration or something on the fly by wire throttle to make it a bit more responsive.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
QuIcKsV6 said:
good ****! I wonder if they will be able to do a calibration or something on the fly by wire throttle to make it a bit more responsive.

I am sure that this will be possible.

Its deffinatly needed.

customcaraudio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais with alloytec 190
This is teh best news i have heard for a while. Since i have a turboed alloytec 190 in my vl that is near completion i wont have to spend that $1700 on an inferior aftermarket ecu. :dance: :thumbsup: :bow:

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Sign me up for some of this. I'd love to get some more low down torque into the Adventra, like the old VX Ecotec I used to have.

Fuel economy would be good too :)

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
Actually I've just had a thought, does the computer that is modded in this process also control the driveline system in the AWD vehicles such as the Adventra/Cross X?

I don't know, so just thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks,
Si