Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vcm21 cam in Clubby

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
Hey there all, well as the title suggests I’ve installed the VCM 21 cam into my LS3 equipped auto clubsport ,so with all the mods I’ve got; 2 1/2”manta exhaust 1 3/4” pacemaker extractors 200c cats VCM Otr and all the valvetrain upgraded with 3.45 diff,I’ve then tuned and got 446hp at the hubs, now i’m wondering if anyone has got this cam has a installed a small hi stall converter to overcome the hunt when my tunner has put in a bit more lump to the cam to give it that nice sound but now it hunts at the lights what stall have you got good results with?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
a stall won't help hunting it will have less resistance so it will hunt more, to correct it is all in the tune

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
It’s hunting on a stock converter because we put more lop in the idle and now there’s no more in the tune other than reduce the timing or install a high stall which is what I want to do,I just want to know what others may have done

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
no more in the tune ? u have airflow, spark and torque u can adjust for idle corrections far beyond what u need, a stall isn't going to do anything for hunting idle if u have made it hunt from disrupting the idle corrections then u have to lessen it or tune it a bit more to fix it whilst keeping the lope