Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 07 Berlina Duel Fuel running very rough engine light

Jazzy280

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 07 Duel Fuel
My car has been running very rough after it’s been running on gas, it turns over for about 20 seconds before it starts. When it’s been running on fuel for at least 10 minutes it starts straight away, but whether I’m driving it on gas or petrol the engine light will come on randomly and the car is very shaky. Most the time I pull over and turn off the car, and when I turn it back on the engine light is off and it runs fine, until it does it again which could be straight away or after minutes - hours of driving.

I’ve plugged in the Tech 2 and it’s come up with error codes P2180, P0302, P0306, U0140, and U0155. A mechanical minded mate reckons the problem is with the P0302 error (misfire in cylinder 2), but that’s the only advice I’ve received. I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if so how they’ve fixed it.

splot-bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 3 3.8L VS Ute
i'm a real newbie when it comes to VE's (and I'm having enough trouble with my own!) but a quick search comes up with this it correlates with the fault code in the manual ... Right bank too rich,so I would probably start off with cleaning the MAF sensor and checking for any vacuum leaks.
Hope this helps

Jazzy280

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 07 Duel Fuel
Thank you so much anything is really appreciated honestly, I’ll have a look