Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 08 Front suspension rattle

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
hi guys i have recently purchased a ve ss i have had it back for several warranty issues incl rear main, radiator and sway bar bushes. I have recently taken it back again with a rattle in the fron suspension they replaced the spring insulators.... so they say..... but the noise is still there and the steering is now wierd. The car runs out of warranty in two weeks and i want to know if anyone has had the same problem...... Any ideas or experience in this problem ?????

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
yeah i thought of that.... not them holden say spring insulators but im not sold on that

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
There's a bunch of things that can cause it - but you've had most of them replaced already. What's left seems to be control arm bushes (had that on mine) and strut tops (also had that). Mine has also had the sway bar bushes replaced. Spring insulators is one of the common issues as well - it's just a matter of diagnosing exactly what's rattling.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
check recall thread at top of VE section.... pretty sure there was discussion on noisy suspension in there.

richmond2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE G8 V6
In Canada the VE's save a service notice bulletin # 09-03-08-008a front lower caster/camber arms loose
mine just had it done and the noise primarily occurred at low speeds >15 KPH or when turning a corner and hit a rut/pothole

flyreels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Thats the same problem my brother has I will let him know cheers