Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve 2 ss lifter rattle

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Just confirmed WogBoyz amd jneil's earlier posts... I was wrong..

All commodore, statemans series 2 V8's run the L77 engine. The only difference (as mentioned) is Autos have AFM activated while the manual doesn't. This would suggest that those engines (L77's) which haved AFM deactivated would still have DOD lifters also.

Ah good to know, If both the same engine why the lose of 10kw with the AFM auto variant?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Just confirmed WogBoyz amd jneil's earlier posts... I was wrong..

All commodore, statemans series 2 V8's run the L77 engine. The only difference (as mentioned) is Autos have AFM activated while the manual doesn't. This would suggest that those engines (L77's) which haved AFM deactivated would still have DOD lifters also.

Oh ok i just took a stab in the dark there haha, good info to know

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Any luck with this one?

Thanks

Guys, sorry I have not had a chance to follow up on this... Works been very busy. I'll try get an answer tomorrow for all..
From what I understand the reduction in power was to accommodate for the AFM technology. The AFM motors ran a different camshaft and tuned exhaust to reduce the power. I am not sure what the differences are with the new L77. Maybe none at all..

As for any other technical diferences I'll get back to you...

Cheers
Phil

Last edited: