Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2006 Calais startup faults

Jono.Mc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais V High output 3.6 auto
G'day everyone. Im a new member. Our current Ride is a 2006 VE Calais V 3.6 auto. Brought the car second hand with 142000kms but the car is near immaculate. After a couple of months it has started flashing but not staying on after the system check, ABS off, ESC off and Engine check lights with a chime for each one. then also at random times when driving (includinding the freeway) the ESC will flash on for a split second and chime. It is still barely under the dealerships warranty so we took it to them and I replaced the battery then they used their tech computer to find no fault codes were logged so they cant fix it if it wont give them a fault code which I understand. Other then that the car drives perfect and quiet but occasionally is a bit sluggish.
Has anyone had these flash errors or what to do next.

Jono

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
It could be stretched timing chains, next time it gives a check engine warning on the dash take it to an independent mechanic and get it scanned, actually I think even supercheap does scanning nowadays too.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
with the abs/esc the earlier models were bad for left rear sensor or the rear wiring loom

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Your dealer will try to avoid loosing even a cent on your car so the best would be going to your own mech to find faults. Don't forget thats how dealers make money. At least if you get a paperwork that says this and that needs to be fixed and quote you can get your dealer to do it for free or push them to do it for free and tell them you'll be going to fairtrade simple.

Jono.Mc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais V High output 3.6 auto
I know its abit late but the problem was that the right exhaust cam chain was beginning to stretch, replaced and working perfectly.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for letting us know mate