Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2006 - Mechanism error

anq812

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi
I'm getting the common mechanism error in 2006 VE, with a beeping every few minutes which is getting annoying driving. I never use the cd player, if I listen to music i just use the radio or connect the phone up to the AUX. is there a quick and simple way to disable the cd player so it no longer functions, pull a fuse or some code or something like that? I guess I could pull it out, and replace it, but seeing as I never use it, I'm looking at a simpler suggestion.
cheers

ausHunter_qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
International VE
Hi
I'm getting the mechanism error in 2006 VE, with a beeping every few minutes which is getting annoying driving. I never use the cd player,..... I guess I could pull it out, and replace it, but seeing as I never use it, I'm looking at a simpler suggestion.
cheers

I’m driving my partners car, same ol same as I do - and the beeping started! At first I thought it was a radio fluff up, but it continued and the displayed flashed *MECHANISM ERROR*, like you we do not use the CD player... why would it occur when disc drive isn’t used at all??? His auto aerial can Be tempramental at times so I thought it might have been that....

Only difference with us is the CD is all part of the guts - the CD sterio component couldn’t be removed without the entire mod section coming out with it

Did anyone have an easy fix!?????