Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2006 Omega

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
VE 2006 Omega Series 1

Only purchased it 3-4 weeks ago.

So far 2 new tyres.
Changed interior lights to LED green.
DLink bushes done.
Centre window brake light replaced.

So far I have changed the interior lights and centre brake light myself.

Future mods:-

Rear tail lights.
Possible spoiler (although I like the look of it without it).
Will upgrade stereo when I find something I like.

Not a car nut or anything and definately have no idea what I am doing mechanical wise but took it upon myself to change the interior lights and also the rear centre window brake light (quoted $70 to have it fitted and checked youtube then decided to do it myself). Not sure how far I will go in adding to the car but I have had fun doing what I have so far.

Sorry the pic isnt the best but will get some others up soon.

IMG_2987.png

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Nice pickup.
no Spoiler looks best with some nice LED tail lights and a low ride height otherwise go for the spoiler.
Hope you don't have any issues with the electrics like my cousin did on her 06 Calais

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Nice pickup.
no Spoiler looks best with some nice LED tail lights and a low ride height otherwise go for the spoiler.
Hope you don't have any issues with the electrics like my cousin did on her 06 Calais

While I like the rear spoilers there are too many black VEs with the spoiler and I prefer it without.
As to changing the ride height definately looking into it as I had it in Pedders on Saturday and found out what I thought was sway bar links (Holden service centre said it was sway bar links) turned out to be DLink bushes needed replacing. Also found out that I need to do the front and back shockers so lowering it is a possibilty in the future.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Looks good nic for a 2006.
How many K`s mate?

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Looks good nic for a 2006.
How many K`s mate?

213,000kms 2006 Series 1 Omega, only a V6 but this will eventually go to my son when he gets his P's. He has the blue VT in the background which was my old car. Once he is off his L's that will go to my daughter, the VE will go to my son and I will look at getting a V8 ;)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
nothing wrong with a 6

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Just had a wash....

Also just had front and back shocks and top mount bushes done. Also d-link bushes. Added Carbon fibre 6cm antenna.

2ntct5j.jpg

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Thought I would update. Had a pole jump out behind me while reversing at the car wash.

Going in for repairs via insurance. Damn poles.

5xu06w.jpg

radoo4.jpg

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Ouch !
That's sucks ,exactly why I put a camera on my ute !

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Just a quick update. Car went in for repair on Monday and was told it would be done by Friday.

Tomorrow is the day, will be looking forward to getting it back after driving this week in my old VT that I gave to my son for his first car.

Decided that since the boot was damaged and they needed to fix and respray it I would have them leave the badges off the car. Was intending to remove them myself but seeing as they have to paint it works out better for me. Also 3 other dings that needed to be fixed that really weren't noticable are being fixed at the same time so basically when I get it back there will be no dings in the bodywork at all.

@SaUte a rear camera or sensors will definately be added to the car after this. I don't like poles jumping out from nowhere. This costs me $600 excess to get fixed on my insurance which I should have used initially to get a rear cam or sensors.

Will post pics of the car when I get it back tomorrow ;)