Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2007-2009 Service/Repair Manual

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Does it have a table of contents? I could not find what I was looking for scrolling 10600 pages.
As has been mentioned so many times the keys have worn out, you need to enable the side bar on your pdf reader. The side bar shows all the chapters and sections of a document. That is how you navigate it.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just to be clear (and helpful), this manual is printed from the original, fully functional manual, that can only be accessed from GM via subscription and cannot be copied. However, parts of it can be printed, which is how this manual was created. Therefore, there are a number of issues associated with using this printed "manual":

1. The manual is not comprehensive, it includes the major functions but many are lacking, such as wiring diagrams.
2. None of the internal navigation links work (the ones in blue and underlined eg. Propeller Shaft Description and Operation. This can make it very difficult and time consuming to find what you are looking for if it's not clear from the index.
3. You need to use the pdf menu's Edit->Advanced Search function to locate any of these links. I suggest that you tick the "Whole Words Only", "Include Bookmarks" and "Include Comments" options in the search window for most of your searches.
4. The conversion from the original GM PDF to printed PDF involves an optical character recognition process which sometimes makes an error in translating characters. If the translation error happens to have occurred in the words of a link that you are searching for, you might not find it.
5. Searching can also be very cumbersome and time consuming as a result. For example, if you want to find out the terminals for the engine control module and do a search using those words, you end up with 572 hits.

But at the end of the day. it's still a very useful document and far better than having nothing at all. Good hunting (LOL).

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Does it have a table of contents? I could not find what I was looking for scrolling 10600 pages.

What ever you are looking for will be there,

The other way to find an item, or just go to the Pages in question,

Open the Manual, and then do a -

Ctrl + F [Find Function]

Type in Full Name or Part of the Description/Name you are looking for
Then use your mouse to click either the "Next" button or the "Up or Down" Arrow Button, adjacent your description you have typed in,
[depends what version of Acrobat Reader you have]
and it will continue to find the description/s till the end of the manual.

Last edited:

Arturo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Wondering if anyone would like a copy of the Holden VE Commodore BERLINA/CALAIS/OMEGA/SV6/SS/SSV/LUMINA/SPORTWAGON 2007-2009 Service/Repair Manual ??

It's nearly 11,000 pages so I can't link it here
Yea please would greatly appreciate the link

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Last edited:

Ipkiss50

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 SSV Auto Sedan
Wondering if anyone would like a copy of the Holden VE Commodore BERLINA/CALAIS/OMEGA/SV6/SS/SSV/LUMINA/SPORTWAGON 2007-2009 Service/Repair Manual ??

It's nearly 11,000 pages so I can't link it here
If still available I would love a copy of the manual