Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2008 Anniversary "what is the lateset Software Versions"

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Now it the time for some work on the Cheap VE that I have resurrected from being a car that has been poorly cared after.

I would like to know the Firmware on a VE and no doubt they have been some that have been changed on our precious VE's or some cars that they have the same firmware from new.
Now I have no trouble with the VE 2008 Anniversary EXCEPT for one issue and that is I have feeling when I press the Accelerator it takes about 0.001 second to move/respond. Yes has a VERY, VERY tiny lag before it moves and when its in Reverse it about 0.002 seconds (could be my OCD kicking in). Now 99% of People wont pick this but as you all know I"m FUSSY and pick the slight this that not 100%.

My Software Versions are
Software Version : 021.023.116
GM Part Number : 92222121.
Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seems there is no much info on updating the Firmware on the VE's not like the VF.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I will check the software version on mine when I get outside

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
That's just the dash.
Nothing more.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will check the software version on mine when I get outside
Yeah not much info on update the main firmware or the canbus system on the VE . They must have updates to fix known issue on any VE's. Not much on youtube.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I remember 8 months ago where whilst at my Sons house I spoke to a person that had a VE with codes that came up for the timing chain issue and he took the car to the Holden Stealership and all they did is add or replace the the software with a software that was more tolerant with stretched timing chain and that's it. Yes the Codes was reset and they went away. So on the VE series of cars Holden Dealers must have a list for software updates to do for any VE.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I remember 8 months ago where Yes the Codes was reset and they went away. So on the VE series of cars Holden Dealers must have a list for software updates to do for any VE.
That is correct. Apparently the update for the chains allows for increased 'stretch' to occur before the engine light comes on. So if they originally allowed say 2% stretch they revised the tolerance up to 4 or 5%. Something like that. There was another update for cars that had continual battery drain issues.
If you can find a Holden dealers that still exists you could call them with your Vin and ask if there are any updates available for your car.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Sooo, how does one go about finding out if there is a firmware update for my VE Clubsport Tourer?
Tech 2 and a TIS2web subscription.
Or, see a Holden/HSV dealer.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: