Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2008 strange issue with Air Con (Front Vents ON and Off)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I'm having a strange issue with my cheap VE with the Air Conditioner (Not Climate Control) Now the Issue happen also with the Air OFF and using the Fans only.
Now what happens when you turn the Fan on with or without the Air and you have selected the two Vents to work (the first two on the Left) they dont have any air coming out but 50% of the time if you turn the ignition off and back on then they will work.
Also If I sit in the car, put the key in the ignition and turn it on and I select the Fans on with or without the Aircon on (remember the Engine is OFF) the fans will have air coming out of the front two vents but as soon as I start the car the two front vents stop and at the same time I can hear and feel air coming out on my foot when you select the air to go to your face and Foot together (second selection).
Now before I purchased this cheap VE I struck another VE and a VZ to have the same issue so what gives guys. By the way I done a Google on this and most dont have them working (jammed flap or or faulty actuator) but my one seam to osculate yes no yes no yes no and sometimes more no then yes.
Thanks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well one thing you can try is a flap reset.
Better Google it I can't remember the exact procedure but from memory you have to press and hold the recirculate button for a while and it moves all the flaps up and down to get them back in sync with the buttons...
If that doesn't work I'd guess one of the actuators is faulty. Have never touched one myself because mine is working fine touch wood :)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Better Google it I can't remember the exact procedure but from memory you have to press and hold the recirculate button for a while and it moves all the flaps up and down to get them back in sync with the buttons...
If that doesn't work I'd guess one of the actuators is faulty. Have never touched one myself because mine is working fine touch wood :)

I Found the Below
Try a reset, IGN on, hold the demist button for ten secs or till you hear the hvac flaps start moving.
OR
Attempt a HVAC System Relearn
· It’s possible that your actuators are not actually faulty but have ‘forgotten’ which position they are in. The relearn process runs all actuators for 10-15 seconds, allowing them to calibrate their positions.
· To do this first close your doors and turn the radio off. You’ll need to listen to the motors and they’re very quiet.
· Turn the Ignition to ‘on’ but do not start the car. Press and hold the rear demister button until you hear the actuators moving. After 10-15 seconds the actuators will stop and the system will be calibrated. Test the air conditioner system and check if your problem still exists. Be sure to cycle through each mode and heat / cool.
· If the problem still exists or you heard loud clicking noises during this process, it is very likely that an actuator is faulty. Proceed to the next step.

Try it twice, possible miss read it BELOW

Turn the Ignition to ‘on’ but do not start the car. Press and hold the rear demister button until you hear the actuators moving
If I do the above line I can hear the actuator going around and around non stop for ever.
BUT If I do it and as soon as I hear the First Actuator start I let go the Rear Demister button the system cycles all the vents one time then It Stops. There is possible Vacuum leak in there if they use Vacuum to operate the Actuators.. Need more info on how the Basic Air con works.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
you have to press and hold the recirculate button for a while and it moves all the flaps up and down to get them back in sync with the buttons...
:)

Humm Interesting, I though it was the demister Button not the recirculate button. try it later

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just check the VE, I haven't start the car for over 24 hours and Either it has reservoir the size of a 20 ltr drum or the Actuator are electrically driven and if they are Vacuum driven I must have a lot of Vacuum but I dont think so As I moved 20 time between the 1 to 5 or 6 position.
Right! I tuner the Ignition on, and I move the knob one position at a time (fully left to right stop at each one) I can clearly hear the Opening and shutting of the flaps inside, not unless the top front vents actuator is moving with its arm but the flap stay still. Need to see how they work.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
What I got.
Relearn Air Actuators

Have Air Con off.

IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
What I got.
Relearn Air Actuators

Have Air Con off.

IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.
Re-do this tomorrow as I think the process stuff me or got confused.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They aren’t vacuum operated.
They are electronic.

It is possible the module is playing up.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride