Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 2009 SS new issue

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all, the other morning my 2009 Ve SS Started running rough then Check engine light, stability plus esp light. Stopped engine took battery lead off for ten mins. restart car, runs smooth with no warnings. Battery seems ok, starts well but not sure what is going on. John

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Had this happen in my ss before never found out why although it could be a weak battery

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I left a spark plug lead off by accident and it did all those things that happened to you

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
upload_2019-10-9_9-22-36.png

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Did it do it on a hot day ?? The problem is the Crank Angle Sensor relies on "Hall Effect" and magnets lose field strength in heat so after a few year the sensor fails due to internal magnet failing... Hot Days cause your engine to run hotter then normal and hence the problem... Mine did the same thing yesterday 35c+ and had this problem in past on various models.

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Did it do it on a hot day ?? The problem is the Crank Angle Sensor relies on "Hall Effect" and magnets lose field strength in heat so after a few year the sensor fails due to internal magnet failing... Hot Days cause your engine to run hotter then normal and hence the problem... Mine did the same thing yesterday 35c+ and had this problem in past on various models.
Mine does not run hot, have noticed that the kms per 100 is changing a lot especially when the engine light is on. picking up a tester tonight to see what codes come up. John

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
check the maf sensor connections, if it vibrates loose it will do all that as well

Chappy's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all, well it turned out to be an open circuit In the injector itself. new Injector fitted all fixed, codes gone. Thx all John