Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2010 Infotainment System CD Storage Fault

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina International Wagon 2010 Series II 3.0l
Hi all,
I have about 14 CD's stored in the internal flash drive in my 2010 VE Berlina Sportwagon. I tried playing it and could only get the first few seconds of music looping from CD 1 track 1.
I tried to navigate to the next CD without success so then switched to radio, when I switched back to CD storage I got "No CD's Stored" message.
Does this mean the drive has failed? If so is it resettable? I am going to try loading a CD on it tomorrow and see how that pans out but failing that I am at a loss.
I would appreciate anyone who can provide any help with this.
Cheers,
Lovedores

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My suggestion is to replace the unit by getting a second hand one, get it flashed to match your VIN to it but others might have more to add.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
How long did it take to rip 14 CD's to the flash drive???
I ripped one CD and gave up as it took so long... Play everything from a USB stick now.

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
How long did it take to rip 14 CD's to the flash drive???
I ripped one CD and gave up as it took so long... Play everything from a USB stick now.

Hi there I,
I copied them while listening to them at the same time, downloaded when CD finished.
So mine took the same time as listening to download.
On an up note my music is still there, started up in the morning and it was all there. I have discovered the unit has an intermittent fault (another symptom is reverse camera does not kick in sometimes:(
I am going to turn off the Holden Logo intro in settings (the intro you get every start) to see how that goes, it seems to confuse the reverse camera as it tries to come on like they are fighting each other......crazy right .

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
My suggestion is to replace the unit by getting a second hand one, get it flashed to match your VIN to it but others might have more to add.

Hi Fu,
Sounds like the best way to handle it thx, how do you flash to VIN?
Another option is an aftermarket unit with reverse camera option, have you had any feedback on compatibility with aftermarket units?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The unit will need to be flashed by someone that offers tech services like envyouscustoms.com.au

as for after market, you need to retro fit a series 1 arrangement of trim and vents and install the Alpine HVAC controller (If you have dual zone climate) or for single zone, the Aerpro HVAC controller. Then choose your deck of choice, which means bringing CarPlay and Android auto to your car, as well as rear camera inputs etc.

If you replace your unit, they are rear camera ready, but that feature needs to be enabled by tech services like Envyous Customs.
You also need an adaptor loom for it from memory.
I wouldn't be too concerned about Sat Nav features because the maps are useless and outdated, with no way of getting fresh new maps on there yet.

It is not essential to find a factory headunit with a facia, Your existing facia can be clipped onto it.

lovedores

Reaction score
Members Ride
The unit will need to be flashed by someone that offers tech services like envyouscustoms.com.au

as for after market, you need to retro fit a series 1 arrangement of trim and vents and install the Alpine HVAC controller (If you have dual zone climate) or for single zone, the Aerpro HVAC controller. Then choose your deck of choice, which means bringing CarPlay and Android auto to your car, as well as rear camera inputs etc.

If you replace your unit, they are rear camera ready, but that feature needs to be enabled by tech services like Envyous Customs.
You also need an adaptor loom for it from memory.
I wouldn't be too concerned about Sat Nav features because the maps are useless and outdated, with no way of getting fresh new maps on there yet.

It is not essential to find a factory headunit with a facia, Your existing facia can be clipped onto it.

Many thanks for your very informative reply, most informative indeed.
An original replacement seems to be less fuss and expense, I would probably just use a memory stick for music as the rest seems to be working okay.
Thank you again, much appreciated.