Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2011 SERIES 2 SV6 Wagon Underlying Unusual Intermittent Contact Dealer Non Start Issue.

Kevinc88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series 2 sv6
Hi I am currently having a issue with my VE series 2 sv6 wagon and just curious as to see if anyone has heard or had a similar issue to this problem?

2 weeks in a row now on a Saturday being that I have driven the car around more than an hour I guess I have turned car off to go do whatever only to come back to start and goes through system check for then no start and just contact dealer and X come up on dash then after left and locked up for an hour or more the car then will let you start and all appears to be fine and back to normal, as I work only half hour from my residence during the week it doesn't do it and I left it running twice at work to try and get it to do it but couldn't get it to so seems to be a intermittent issue the first time it happened I had a mate close by who managed to scan it with his scan tool while in the shutdown mode and threw up a code u0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM "A" and I have further had it to a mechanic who managed to scan with another device which came up with Transmission control module fault to Ecu and also a engine fault which just said refer to owners manual and undefined fault, just trying to see if anyone on here has had this issue themselves and have got to the bottom of it as sort of stuck in what or who to take it to next I did contact the local Holden dealership but as normal 3 week wait and no guarantee of fixing or finding the problem I was told, any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please take some time to peruse the forum rules when you have a moment.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Welcome to JC's

For it come up Contact Dealer, one would think its a major underlying issue,
Being a 2011, Firstly I would be checking the Battery is in Good Condition, and Charge Voltage,
Is it the Original Alternator ?
Then get it scanned probably with a more comprehensive tool,
Because its sounds a bit worse that what they are saying.

U0100 - U0249 CAN-Bus No Communication with XXX Control Module -- DTC U0100-U0249

It sort of sounds like a loose/damaged plug, [Loose or Water/Moister related]
Seems a bit strange, something to do with Heat, Expansion and Contraction.
Have you steam cleaned or similar under the bonnet ?
Been drinking in/through heavy rain ?
Maybe check all the Loom connectors on the ECU and BCM, and the Transmission Connector.

Kevinc88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series 2 sv6
Thanks kruising,

Yeah definitely a weird one I haven't really encountered anything like it before , I'm from N.S.W and have not long got the car unfortunately, I haven't touched under the hood with water and it doesn't appear like it has had much washing under there and weather has been relatively dry , I did slide the ecu up out of the holder and looked at the 3 big plugs that plug into it but visually everything seemed as normal and no evidence of damage or anything, the mechanic I went to today advised me to take it to a auto electrician that they are familiar with that is not too far from where I am so if I get a chance may take it tomorrow and explain to him the situation and see if he has seen anything like it happen or his opinion to what may be the problem , just a frustrating issue as can't be confident in taking it on to long of a drive incase I then turn it off and I'm stuck where ever it shuts down for over an hour or so until it enables me to start again.

bazz61

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII sports wagon 2011
Faulty battery can cause all sorts of problems in this model , try and borrow a battery and try that before anything .

seastar213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 commodore
Thanks kruising,

Yeah definitely a weird one I haven't really encountered anything like it before , I'm from N.S.W and have not long got the car unfortunately, I haven't touched under the hood with water and it doesn't appear like it has had much washing under there and weather has been relatively dry , I did slide the ecu up out of the holder and looked at the 3 big plugs that plug into it but visually everything seemed as normal and no evidence of damage or anything, the mechanic I went to today advised me to take it to a auto electrician that they are familiar with that is not too far from where I am so if I get a chance may take it tomorrow and explain to him the situation and see if he has seen anything like it happen or his opinion to what may be the problem , just a frustrating issue as can't be confident in taking it on to long of a drive incase I then turn it off and I'm stuck where ever it shuts down for over an hour or so until it enables me to start again.
Hey mate, did u sort this out? Got a similar issue. Any info appreciated. Thx