Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2012 SS sedan

brownseahorse

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Holden commodore ve ss
Hey guys new to these forums,

ive got a 2012 VE SS sedan with a bit of work to it:1 3/4 Stainless headers- 3inch stainless cats- Dual 3inch mid section- 3inch stainless rear silencers- Over the radiator Intake- Custom tune to suit (she pumps out 270rwkw with 362hp)

I am looking at lowering it abit onto some king springs with SSL?
because i got big 3" pipes hanging down any suggestions with height to drop?

Last edited:

oibenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
White Ve Series II SS
hey mate,

i have a 2011 on SSL's all round on stock shocks. if i had my time again i would go ssl in the rear an sssl in the front. the front seems too high for my liking but the back sits nice.

the only clearace issue to report is reversing straight off my driveway cause it to scrape slightly. but i have driven low cars for about 5 years so i have just adapted the way i drive.

brownseahorse

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate,

i have a 2011 on SSL's all round on stock shocks. if i had my time again i would go ssl in the rear an sssl in the front. the front seems too high for my liking but the back sits nice.

the only clearace issue to report is reversing straight off my driveway cause it to scrape slightly. but i have driven low cars for about 5 years so i have just adapted the way i drive.

hey mate,

could thanks for the reply. could you please add some pics of you 2011? i just want to see how it sits as well.

Cheers

oibenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
White Ve Series II SS
its not the best photo but its the only one i have for now. i will post a better one up on friday evening or saturday of a side view on a flat surface.

you will have to look closely to see the height difference between front and back.

handling is much better but still not a race car. its bumpy on the straight bits (but thats fine) still behaves like a commodore around corners though.

Also, these are 20inch wheels. but shouldnt make any difference to the overall height.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 6,198

brownseahorse

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh nice car buddy, i have 20" wheels as well but i like the way your car site you want your back slightly lower than your front ( in my opinion).

i look forward to seeing a side on view.

Could you point me in the way of some cheap springs?

Cheers

oibenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
White Ve Series II SS
thanks man,

if you want the back to sit slightly lower than the front then SSL's all round are perfect for you.

i got mine supplied and fitted for 550. but the rims cost me 2500 which i purchased at the same time so i got a good deal to get it lowered at the same time.

not too sure about cheap springs though, what state are you in?

i got the wheels from ozzy tyres and it lowered by formula tech which are run by the same person.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Whatever you do mate, make sure you change shocks as well if not already done.

Your ride quality will be **** without doing the shocks as well, trust me i know from experience.

Running 20 inch rims on lowered springs and standard shocks is not a good combo.

I can assure you of that.

Cheers.

oibenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
White Ve Series II SS
yeah its a little bit bumpy on the straight bit and a bit **** around corners. i am looking into whiteline or nolathane sway bars, bushes and stuff. possibly coilovers or different shocks.

dont drive it enough to spend too much on it.

brownseahorse

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks man,

if you want the back to sit slightly lower than the front then SSL's all round are perfect for you.

i got mine supplied and fitted for 550. but the rims cost me 2500 which i purchased at the same time so i got a good deal to get it lowered at the same time.

not too sure about cheap springs though, what state are you in?

i got the wheels from ozzy tyres and it lowered by formula tech which are run by the same person.

I'm in NSW (sydney) i've already got the 20" super sports so i'm just looking at the suspension, thank for the info on the prices and stuff.

550 sounds preety good but i think i might have a look at shocks as well just to save any problem with cambering and stuff.

Cheers